How long did it take before folks noticed your weight loss?

Options
13»

Replies

• hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    45 lbs people started noticing and saying, "hey, did you lose weight?". Sometimes it takes a big change for people to notice. I played a game with myself, like a little bet to see when people would say something about the weight loss. I pretty much lost, since it took 45 lbs.
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The first person to say something to me was a patient at work. I am an EKG tech in a hospital. We have our pics on our name badges and a patient asked if I had lost weight since the photo was taken and I had lost only 4 lbs. Apparently those entire 4 lbs were in my face :-p

But honestly I have now lost 25 lbs and no one knew I had lost weight at all. Anytime it gets brought up they can't tell a difference or they say I never had 25 lbs to lose and they don't believe me. But I also knew how to dress and camoflauge it so I guess I can't be too upset. Then again I did this for me, not for someone else.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel better. I'm at the 9 1b mark and NO ONE has said anything. I only have 16 pounds to go and can see it in myself but no one has said a thing. Hopefully it starts to show soon.

This is so funny because just yesterday I posted the above response, and TODAY at work my co-worker asked me out of the blue if I've lost weight!!! She said she can totally see it. Felt really really good!!!! When I told her I have 16 more pounds I'd like to lose, she looked at me like I was nuts and said that's way too much - HA!!!!
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Im down almost 20lbs and the only people to comment were my Bf and mom....and they don't count lol

Co-workers haven't said anything. But i think they are the type that wouldn't say anything until I dropped a significant amount.
    It would still be nice to have someone other than family notice ;) Just a little boost
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    People said they could see I was losing weight around 20 lbs., but there was no real reaction until about a week ago.

My boss was in the breakroom, and I went in to talk to her about some things. She interrupted me mid-sentence, wide eyed, pointing her finger at me up and down. She said, "I can REALLY see the difference in you! You ARE losing weight! Your clothes are usually so baggy I haven't been able to really tell."

Later on that same day, I was standing in the doorway of a coworker's office talking to them. My friend Christine walked up behind me and grabbed the sides of my rib cage under my arms (and the sides of my boobs...haha) and said, "Oh my God....you can REALLY tell you are losing weight from the back. It's a HUGE difference!" ....in which I replied, "YAY, for less back fat!!"

It wasn't until that moment of being groped and complimented that I really FELT like I was losing weight.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    Once I lost 10 pounds, people started really noticing
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I actually had someone tell me this morning...it felt so good even though my scale has been going crazy for the past couple days...it was a male coworker...I have only lost about 7 lbs but it made my day! :)
  • AthenaLolita
    AthenaLolita Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!:happy:
  • sjacks14
    sjacks14 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    About 10lbs.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My grandmother I think noticed first, then my sister. Co-workers started commenting around 12lbs, (the weight I have lost now).
  • amyfliesalot
    amyfliesalot Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think it took almost 20 lbs. before people really noticed. But the people who have said something are the ones who know that I'm really trying. So I don't know if they really count. They could be just being nice- they ARE the same folks that have told me that I don't need to worry about the 30-plus pounds I've gained since I moved to Georgia!