Josie Gibson DVD - How can I log it?

Options
Hi all,
I have been doing Josie Gibson's 30 Second Slim DVD for about a week now, however i'm not sure how to log it on here. It doesn't come up in the search and I have no idea how many calories are burned doing the 20 minute workout at level one. It is a high intensity interval workout for anyone who is interested. I would appreciate any help? Thanks x

Replies

• ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar, but I would invest in a HRM with a strap and add the exercise yourself.
    Amazon has great deals
  • cupkate88
    Options
    i am wondering this too, have u found out yet? :)
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    asda do a heart rate monitor/cal reader for £20 - cheapest i'v found. Jillian Michaels is about 164cal for 20 mins, i would guess it's close to that? sorry i can't be more help. are you following the food plan too? i am and loving it :heart:
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    cancel that - amazon now does one for £13 :wink:
  • cupkate88
    Options
    asda do a heart rate monitor/cal reader for £20 - cheapest i'v found. Jillian Michaels is about 164cal for 20 mins, i would guess it's close to that? sorry i can't be more help. are you following the food plan too? i am and loving it :heart:

I'm going food shopping today so plan on getting a lot of the thins :-)

I asked on the Facebook page how many cals do you burn and they said between 300-350 per session x
  • gemma2010ellis
    Options
    I was asking the same been lookin in Internet and it says 20 minute work out is equivalent to 1 hour jogging ?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    I would either log it as circuit training or aerobics high impact! No way would the burn be equivalent to an hr of running! that would require some serious HIIT!
  • adamn3l
    adamn3l Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been looking to find out the calories for this workout dvd and the workout is high interval training and yeah Josie does say its equivalent to a 1hr jog. Just asking/bumping in case anyone has any other new info? :)
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I've been looking to find out the calories for this workout dvd and the workout is high interval training and yeah Josie does say its equivalent to a 1hr jog. Just asking/bumping in case anyone has any other new info? :)

It definitely wont be in terms of MFP's estimations of calories burnt for 1 hour of jogging. So don't log it as that.
    I'd do it as Aerobics - high impact, the same as what people use for 30 Day Shred.

Out of curiosity, anyone got any good results from this DVD? I've seen a lot about it lately.
  • xxjolandexx
    Options
    I've just completed level one for the 6th time today, I've done it every day this week. I have the same info! It says in the dvd that you get the same calorie burn doing 20 mins of the dvd as you would during an hours jog, so with this in mind I looked on google. It came up with a list of weight catagories and how many calories you'd burn in an hours jog depending on what weight catagory you come under. Wish there was a simple way to do it and add it into my food and exercise diary!!
  • flyawayrach
    flyawayrach Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've logged mine as making a new exercise, couldn't be doing with all the converting! I think it burns around 325 calories, depending on how hard you work at it and how much you weigh.

I've been doing the DVD since February about twice maybe three times a week as well as eating grilled chicken and salad for dinner, and watching what I ate. I relaxed a bit by the end of March and had already lost over 20lbs, 4.5 inches from my hips and 3 off my waist. I'd say the exercise routine definitely fits in with my body type and my schedule (I'm a student so spend a lot of the time at university and revising)

Good luck anyone who is trying the DVD!
  • liddienicole
    liddienicole Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This dvd is amazing. I'v been logging it as 300 calories for 20 mins but it just seems so much. Hope I'm not ending up eating too many exercise calories back lol
  • jennyr94
    Options
    I know this was a while ago but I've been logging it as calisthenics