Your Opinions on why It's not working....Please help

Options
Thanks for Answering.

Replies

• Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing yourself everyday, try once a week or month. If you are lifting weights, your body is holding water to rebuild muscle. You started new activity and the body may just need to adjust to it. Keep going and see after 3 weeks. Weight loss is 85% food. Exercising will make you feel a whole lot better, stronger, tone your body, and help lose inches. So measure yourself each month as you may drop inches (which is what everyone else sees) vs weight. :smile:

Enjoy your journey and stop stressing!
  • belligerent599
    Options
    My opinion is that if you are really burning 1000 calories a day and eating less than 1000 calories a day, you need to quit doing that before you cause yourself irreparable harm.

If you have been losing 3 pounds a week doing this, you may be starving yourself. Seeing a doctor may be a good idea at this point if you have been doing that a long time.
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    I haven't been doing this up until now, Only since Saturday and took a day off today.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Because it's been five days. Sheesh.
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Just to get this right...you are eating under 1000 calories a day and working out?

Honestly, you need to eat more. You are going to get really sick, really fast if you continue on that path.

Fuel your body for those workouts and you will see amazing things happen.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I use to eat 1200 cals not eat back my cals and also didnt drop a pound for 3 months! I started eating around 1500-1700 cals a day ate back most of my cals and wham started losing weight again
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that if you are really burning 1000 calories a day and eating less than 1000 calories a day, you need to quit doing that before you cause yourself irreparable harm.

If you have been losing 3 pounds a week doing this, you may be starving yourself. Seeing a doctor may be a good idea at this point if you have been doing that a long time.

^^^^^This. Also, if you are expecting results in 5 days, you are setting yourself up for both disappointment and unsustainable weight loss. I do think you should consult a doctor, because it sounds like what you think is "normal" is really unhealthy.

Ask yourself what you want for yourself long term. Health? Energy? A body that looks and feels great? And learn how to do these things slowly and with lasting effects. Extreme dieting will lead to lasting effects that you do not want.
  • meeper123
    Options
    Also 5 days really? Come back in a month
  • Arkhos
    Arkhos Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Wait, I just realized you said you eat under 1000 calories a day, and then burn 1000 calories exercising? Yeah, I would agree with the above to increase your calories to balance that out a little. Eating under a 1000 calories isn't good, especially if you're exercising on top of it. Anything you do, give it a little time to adjust as well.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    eating less that 1000 and burning 1000 a day is unhealthy .. do you know your body naturally burns from 1400 cals a day just to survive (even if you were in a comma), this is why sick ppl that lay in bed all day and can't eat are fed by drip, their vital organs like their heart needs the fuel ...... perhaps you could go to a dietition and get some advise about cals in/out ... also weight loss isn't a simple track down its varies you can gain and lose all the way through your journey, and yes TOM affects weight loss
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Several points:

1. It's been 5 days
    2. You need to eat at least 1200 calories.
    3. There is no need to burn 1000 calories in a gym session but if you actually are burning that much you definitely need to eat more
    4. IT'S BEEN 5 DAYS
  • jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound like anything you are doing is beneficial to your health or to your goals. Find out your BMR, TDEE, and at a bare minimum eat that much. When you workout eat back the calories burned. The scale may say your light but your body is weak and body fat % could be high. Use body fat % as a measure of your progress.
  • Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just to get this right...you are eating under 1000 calories a day and working out?

Honestly, you need to eat more. You are going to get really sick, really fast if you continue on that path.

Fuel your body for those workouts and you will see amazing things happen.

she said the truth, it's impossible eat fewer than 1000 calories qhen you burn almost 1000 calories!! you need to eat!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    eat more food
  • alexrichaa
    Options
    It may have been 5 days but for me that's a really long time for me not to lose anything. I would usually lose at least 3lbs in that time, it's just the way my body is.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    uhh... you are starving.
    it's really simple.
    eat something.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough...at the very minimum you should eat 1200 calories a day and I personally think most women should have at least 1400.

Second, get an HRM. Machines and MFP estimates are off and usually overestimate around 30-50%.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Because your body is saying "oh crap, there's no food - I got to hang on to everything I got".

Also, it's been 5 days. If you are looking for support on a crash diet, I doubt you will find it here. Most of us are looking at weeks/months/years and trying to set up a healthy lifestyle for good.
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It may have been 5 days but for me that's a really long time for me not to lose anything. I would usually lose at least 3lbs in that time, it's just the way my body is.

No. Just no. Eat more. Lose it in a healthy way.
  • meeper123
    Options

You hit a platue because you've been doing it unhealthy your body is rebeling you will actually start to gain weight