why am I not losing weight?

Options
Hello

I have tried it all...Isagenix (and it worked...until I gained it all back), Nutrisystem (and it worked...until I gained it all back), and WW (and it worked...until I gained it all back). I realize I haven't been at it that long (2.5 weeks) but I have only lost about 1.5 lbs!!! I am working out 5-6 times/week. The only thing I can figure is that I might not be eating enough??? I am between 1200 - 1350 a day.

Any advice and tips would be great

Replies

• Toddahlie
    Toddahlie Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Maybe you lose weight and you concentrate about it and eat healthy, counts your calories, but them, when you obtein the weight you want you don't care about what your eat.

It's only a assumption
  • chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    1.5 pounds in two weeks? That's almost a pound a week. You have to be patient. If what you're doing REALLY isn't working after a month, then look into changes.

By the way, most people have to work pretty hard to maintain their goal weights. You gotta stay on top of it.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    You tried all those programs, they worked, but like you said, you gained it back when you stopped them. It's got to be a lifestyle change, something you can do forever, not just for a certain amount of time and then go back to eating "normally".

What's worked best for me, is to calculate my BMR and my TDEE and eat in between those two numbers. Specifically, I took 20% off my TDEE, and that was my goal for about a year, until I hit goal weight (finally! yay!). Since then I have upped it to about a 10% cut, and I'm still losing fat.

I still eat foods I love - burgers, pizza, desserts, alcohol - on a regular basis, but it fits into my goals alongside my healthier foods, and makes life so much easier. And this is sustainable - I don't have to change anything when I'm "done" with this diet - I'll never be done, this is healthy eating I can do forever, and keep the fat off.

I used the info in this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0

Its a lot of info, but worth the read (several reads if you're like me!). Go through all the steps in calculating your numbers, it's explained well in the topic, with pictures!
  • rioannidis
    rioannidis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sorry, whats TDEE???
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    1.5 pounds in two weeks? That's almost a pound a week. You have to be patient. If what you're doing REALLY isn't working after a month, then look into changes.

By the way, most people have to work pretty hard to maintain their goal weights. You gotta stay on top of it.

This exactly. Stop looking for the quick fix - lose 100 lbs a day plan. You've already realized they don't work because you gained the weight back when you stopped.

A pound a week is great. You need a change in attitude and reality. :heart: Treat your body right and it will treat you right. Don't be discouraged - be happy you're doing great! Don't think it of a quick loss diet - have a change of lifestyle - something you can maintain for the long term. You can do it!

Also be sure you're eating back your exercise calories - especially if you're going to try and do 1200 a day (but really check out the in place of a road map link - you body will thank you).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Sorry, whats TDEE???
    TDEE is Total Daily Energy Expenditure - the amount of calories you burn all day long, basically your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) stuff you do all day, walking, working, brushing your teeth, dishes, etc, and any exercise, usually figured as your activity level.

My TDEE is around 2300, so in a given day, with exercise, I burn about 2300 calories. So as long as I eat less than that, I'll lose weight, eat up to 2300 and I'll maintain, eat over and I'll gain.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I think you will soon discover that losing weight, and losing it for good is a hard process, and a longer one than you think. Trust me on this one, 1.5 pounds a week is incredible, if you're living the kind of lifestyle you can maintain on a day to day basis.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and weigh all your food including milk, sauces, spreads.

Ive started to measure condiments and it's making a huge difference in the waist line
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If you read the forums on 1200 calorie diets, you will see that there is a lot of controversy as to how effective they are longer term. You can make your own mind up on that. 1.5lbs per week is great - I aim for 1lb and generally meet it.

Either way, accurate logging is key. Eat up to your calorie target. Eat back your exercise calories. Wait 1 month before considering changing anything. Be patient!