I've lost over 20lbs and and still wearing the same jeans?

Options

Replies

• Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I have been at this since Aug 2012 and didn't not notice a change in my jean size until recently. I was wearing my size 14's mostly and then all of a sudden all my 12's and 14's no longer fit. When it did happen it seemed to happen over night. Now I only have one pair of jeans that fit properly (I size 10 I bought as goal jeans).
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    People lose inches in different places at different rates. A friend of mine in my fitness contest lost over 20 pounds and lost no inches from hips or waist along the way. She's just built in such a way that it wanted to come off slower there. Had another lady that lost under five and dropped two pant sizes...difference in inches on the waist and hips was astonishing.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25lbs (some before MFP). My size 6 pants went from so uncomfortable I thought I'd lose circulation to being a tiny bit loose. Then I started working out and now I'm in a size 2 and those are loose.
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any weight (in fact, I've gained some), but I dropped down 1 to 2 sizes, depending on brands. Losing weight doesn't necessarily mean losing inches.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    this was me, it took losing almost 40lbs to finally move down a size, and when i did i realized i had been stuffing my fat *kitten* into too small jeans the whole time so really i had moved down 2 legit sizes. give it time. youre probably your real size now and everyone loses differently and in different spots. for me personally my midsection is the last to go!
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I started at 271 in size 20 jeans that were very tight. 38 pounds down, and I'm still wearing the same jeans, but they are noticeably looser. I've also been able to put on a couple pairs of jeans that I hadn't been able to squeeze into before. Keep up the good work and just be patient. It will happen!
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For me, I have found that losing inches changes the size of my clothes more than losing pounds. When I started exercising regularly -- some days doing cardio and and other days doing toning workouts -- that's when I dropped sizes.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've lost 74 lbs and only gone down 2-3 pant sizes. Baffling! It is what it is, smaller is smaller :)
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've somehow gained 25 without having to go up a size. My pants still fit, albeit more snugly than before. Just keep truckin'!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    You could also have lost alot of Water weight and that can result in a change in the scale but not so much in clothes... Rejoice in it anyway a loss is a LOSS!!! Yay :)

Actually i find water weight makes a big difference in my clothes, maybe its just me. Losing water weight makes me feel similar to when i lose fat in terms of how clothes fit me because losing water weight takes away so much bloating.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that while some of my 'older' (larger) jeans still technically fit, they fit vastly different. When I finally tried on a size down (or two) I was shocked to remember how jeans are *supposed* to fit.

lol I know, that sounds weird.. but I had gotten used to my other ones being a little more baggy (and sitting higher up on my waist) than normal. hehe If you have some time, maybe go try one size down at your fave department store & see how they feel.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have had the same problem! It took me well over 25 pounds to go down a size!!

Like others said, they were probably tight before and loose now.
  • GlamorxGhoul
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this definitely gave me some better perspective. I am a bigger gal so it'll just take longer I suppose. I have noticed small changes in various places I was just hoping to have dropped down. Patience is key I guess haha. I need to retake my measurements since I seem to have lost the book I wrote them down in originally.
    Thanks again!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Funny, I'm stuck at 8 lbs lost but have gone down 2 pant sizes. All just depends on the body i guess. Frustrating either way!

Me too. I lost only 8 pounds and lost at least one size. The jeans I could barely button before is almost too big. I eat around 1200 to 1500 calories per day and excersise every day.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You could also have lost alot of Water weight and that can result in a change in the scale but not so much in clothes... Rejoice in it anyway a loss is a LOSS!!! Yay :)

Actually i find water weight makes a big difference in my clothes, maybe its just me. Losing water weight makes me feel similar to when i lose fat in terms of how clothes fit me because losing water weight takes away so much bloating.

Maybe it wasn't water weight . People love to use that term. "water weight" .How would you know if it was or not unless you measured your body fat %
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Nope, not just you! I made a vent about this a month ago. I had lost 20 something lbs and could still fit in my 20s, loose but they fit and my 18s were still a little snug. Then I did the 30 day shred and list 11more lbs and about 5 inches all over, pants were a lot looser. Now that I've lost 36 lbs I fit into some of my 16s and my 18s are loose. Still though, 36 lbs and barely 2 sizes? Sheesh!!
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43 pounds and still wear the same jeans as I did a year ago!

Granted, they fit SO MUCH BETTER now than they used to, but still. I don't worry so much about the size of my clothes but how I feel in them and how I feel I look in them. :)
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 23lbs and have dropped 4 inches off my waist. (from 36" to 32" waist jeans). It all depends on your body build and where you are losing your weight. I have dropped a lot off my legs and butt, while I have lost very little from my stomach.
  • hotcocoa8
    hotcocoa8 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I've dropped two pant sizes, but it took over 20 lbs. before I dropped the first one. I'm thick in the belly/butt area, which I think contributes to a slower drop in pant sizes. But in all honestly, I've only JUST dropped a shirt size, so I'm technically losing inches faster on the bottom. It just seems slow.