Help!

Options
I'm feeling really unmotivated at the moment. I've been trying hard to be within my calorie allowance, and succeeding, and I've been trying hard to exercise however my weight is not changing. Anyone got any helpful hints? Many thanks in advance. x

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It takes awhile to see changes on the scale. Are you measuring yourself? Also, are the calories that you are eating, are they healthy calories or are some junk? A lot can be the reason for no change. What are you doing for a workout and how long?
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    thing that helps me a lot is this forum haha and brushing my teeth when i get a craving for food
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    How many cals/day do you eat? Too little or too many and will not lose weight.
  • nadia_guidi
    Options
    Jessica - My calorie intake is from healthy meals. Home made, mostly low carb. I got a lot of dietry advice from my brother who is a chef. Also exercise wise I do a dance class on a Monday, horse riding twice a week, 8K walk twice a week and I try to do an exercise dvd. I think I need to up my exercise intensity and start using this place for more hints and advice. I have noticed a loss in inches which was good but I've not seen a change on the scales. I need to be patient I guess.
    Calliope - Sometimes my calorie intake is lower than the 1400 that I was told to consume. I aim to consume around 1200 per day x
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if your calories come from healthy home cooked meals or from the concession stand at the ball park. It's about the number, not where it comes from (for the most part).

ETA: But if you are losing inches, you must be doing something right.
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Inches are a better way to go and not the Lbs
  • nadia_guidi
    Options
    Calliope - I do try to keep it healthy though. Don't get me wrong if I've had a good week I might have a meal out or order a take away, but I do try to remain aware of how many calories I'm taking in. x
  • nadia_guidi
    Options
    Thanks guys. Sorry for being a moan my first time on the chat! Everyone will be avoiding my topics! Lol, think I'm just having a bad week! Thanks for all your chat though, I really appreciate the encouragement!! x