Today is the day

Options
magllhn
magllhn Posts: 7 Member
I am new to M.F.P. I joined a few weeks ago and then never came back to the site. Since then I have had my 50th birthday and spent a lot of time thinking about and planning to make changes. Yet the scale doesn't move and the fit of my clothes doesn't change. So today I came here with the resolve to make this day a turning point. I am tired of letting my past failure rule my present. Could use some "buddies" for the journey.:ohwell:

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a GREAT site, with lots of people who have done amazing things for their health. Remember to take it one step (one day) at a time, and definitely track EVERYTHING you eat. I was a bit dismayed at how much I was eating when I first started tracking. Now I try to plan & post my food for the day ahead of time so I have a plan. The knowledge that I would have to go enter some awful food and ruin my plan for the day keeps me from straying too much from my plan most days.

You can do it!
  • crazychick87
    Options
    hey i'm a newbie too. i totally agree i've only been doing this a week or so and i really find that tracking everything you eat really helps. could'nt believe how many calories i was eating untill i joined up. fingers crossed the pounds start dropping off :P
  • magllhn
    magllhn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks all and good luck crazychick. Look forward to checking-in in the future. :happy: