Olive Garden Salad Serving Size

Options
dinosgirl
dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
Does anyone know if the Olive Garden salad serving with 350 calories is for the entire bowl they bring to the table to share?

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I've wondered that too! Something else I read said there were 4 servings in one big bowl, but the website is not real clear. I love Olive Garden!
  • MaryBethD
    MaryBethD Posts: 13
    Options
    The Olive Garden dressing is 80 calories and 8 grams of fat for 2 tbl, which is an average serving size for a medium to large salad. This leads me to believe that there is most likely 4 servings per bowl that they bring to the table. I could be wrong, but that’s what I would go with. When I’m really unsure about the calories in something when I’m out I just give myself 1.5 servings instead of 1. I feel that it will even out *shrug*
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    It's actually for one serving. Not the whole bowl. You also have to realize that one serving has 1900 mg of sodium. That's almost your whole sodium for the day. Not the best option.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - although I am not sure how much this clears it up for me. So it appears there are 4 servings in that one large bowl and one of those servings has the 350 calories?

Jessica, thanks for the info about the sodium; however, I already ate the salad and just wasn't sure how to calculate it. I'll keep it in mind next time though (although the calorie count already turned me off anyway)!
  • KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    After reading this topic, I was curious because Olive Garden is our restaurant of choice on special occasions, so I emailed them and asked them what a serving size is, and how many servings in one of the large bowls that come out to the table. The answer I received is 2. Read below.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding nutritional information.

Our Garden Salad listed on our website is considered to have the following ingredients and can be visualized as half the bowl that is brought out to the table. It contains 350 calories with the dressing and 120 calories without the dressing.

Garden Salad Portion- Nutritional Information:

5.6 oz iceberg and romaine mix
    2 slices roma tomatoes
    2 each black olives
    2 each pepperoncinis
    6 each red onion rings sliced 3/8”
    10-12 croutons
    2 fl oz Olive Garden salad dressing
  • PattyRain
    PattyRain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Amy456
    Amy456 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It's actually for one serving. Not the whole bowl. You also have to realize that one serving has 1900 mg of sodium. That's almost your whole sodium for the day. Not the best option.

It's a risk I'm willing to take... I typically eat 2 bowls of salad if not 3 when I'm there. I have no fear.

I like to live dangerously.
  • Chazerc
    Chazerc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's just a plate, not the bowl, as they use oil in their dressings.