NAME THE BIGGEST CHANGE MADE IN YOUR LIFE

Options
(For your health and weight loss)
Please share your sacrifices and changes! :)

Replies

• uknowmeh
    uknowmeh Posts: 7
    Options
    Let go of years of anger and resentment :)

Might sound a little too "cheezy" but that's what was holding me back for 12 years from losing this weight. I let it go and decided to be positive and now I'm here to get back into shape!

No more depression. No more junk. Just being healthy!

What about you?
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    beer liquor wine smoking.....thats about it haaha
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    I got off the couch. Only this time I didn't grab another beer. I grabbed a water.
  • Jliermann
    Jliermann Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i quit my job and packed my apartment at 21 years old to move to Turkey since my husband was stationed there. He got there before I did so i made the journey from America to Turkey alone...with no phone..no way to call any one....and it was my first time leaving the country. and now we are back in America and I am working on my next big change, to lose 15 pounds so i can enlist.
  • NicoleMGetsFit
    NicoleMGetsFit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Cutting out the massive pans of pasta on a regular (maybe even daily basis!)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    The sex change operation really changed my life. It let me see how I was making bad choices as a man. Bonus! I don't have to worry about prostate cancer now. My family has a history of this and it was one of the things that helped to persuade me to go through with it.
  • nsagley
    nsagley Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I gave up sodas and sweet tea (mostly I still have one maybe once every two weeks). Now aside from my 2 cups of coffee every morning I only drink water. Two months ago I was drinking a gallon of sweet tea a day.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    The sex change operation really changed my life. It let me see how I was making bad choices as a man. Bonus! I don't have to worry about prostate cancer now. My family has a history of this and it was one of the things that helped to persuade me to go through with it.

My husband's family has a history of prostate cancer...I wonder if this might be right for him? I like men and women.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    I dropped fast food entirely and committed to a near daily exercise program.
  • amberxy
    amberxy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Deciding that I should care about my health, and the 'it'll be right' attitude just wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I started tracking calories, exercising more and I'm even doing a booze-free April.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Stop driving and started to walk everywhere.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    No excuses! Taking 100% accountability for every decision and choice I make regarding my health & fitness. No judgement, but I see so many people not having "enough time" and I won't let that happen to me! I'm in this for life! If I choose an unhealthy choice I'm going to own it, not try to justify it. In the long run, even though there are certainly people that try to motivate & encourage, people who genuinely care about our success, when we make excuses we're just lying to ourselves.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Permanent changes: Gave up all soda. Started taking an anti-depressant. Decided to stop being lazy and useless. Started working out on a regular basis. Started being conscious about what goes into my body. Decided to love myself, because I deserve it, damn it! :)
  • aleland11302
    Options
    Being a better role model for my three kids is important to me. I wanted them to see me excercise and eat better EVERY day so that this would be normal life for them and not the struggle it is for me. sweets are the biggest thing I've given up. Also tons of water, no fast food, and pushing myself to do more. :)
  • jameshodge594
    Options
    Some people experience a lot of change just by using supplements. Especially men with prostate problems. I had to get up several times in the night just to pee but after reading a few super beta prostate reviews I decided to try it and it works. What a relief!
    http://www.newvitality.com/super-beta-prostate/p/5A01FE05925C5D7/