Swimming to Lose Weight

Options
I had started my exercise routine with walking 2.5 miles per day but the other day, my husband and I went to the swimming pool where we live. The pool is amazing and they have an olympic size lap pool, along with a lazy river, wave pool and workout pool. I found after just an hour in the pool, doing laps, that I had burned way more calories swimming than I ever did on my walks. I do still like to walk but the pool has become my main source of exercise and I love it. I will be introducing weight training and other variations as I move forward but I do believe that swimming is the best for me.

Is there anyone else who uses swimming in their workout routine? I would love to find some friends who also love the pool, as much as I do.

Replies

• whosthathotchick
    Options
    I swim every night for between 1 and 2 hours. I love it. It is such a great workout! I go with my girlfriends and we chit chat while doing aerobics and laps.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I still love walking, as well, but I can only do so much before my knee starts to hurt from a meniscus injury. I added swimming and LOVE it. I also added weights to my routine. The combination of swimming and strength training has me stronger than I've been in years. I'll send you a friend request.
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It great to get these responses. I do love to swim and I get a great feeling when I am done of relaxation and harmony. Does anyone else feel that way once they are done with their swim workout?