How can i cut down on fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am seriously thinking I need to call my apple addict brother to see if he remembers ever eating 6 in one day!
  • skoecher45
    skoecher45 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruit lover too but recently went to berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries.. whatever is available). I mostly buy frozen and add 1/2 cup to hot cereal in the morning. Or you can add them to a smoothie.

Strawberries seem to be in abundance right now and at a very affordable price. Just bought a container yesterday and they are enormous. Usually have 4 of those a day. Try to limit myself to 1 apple, orange or clementine a day, if at all. Love bananas but they are also bad. I'm freezing them and saving them for a smoothie or the hot cereal. I have nuts on hand (almonds, mostly), usually 1/4 C to help with the feeling of being full.

I'm new to this (keeping track of everything I eat) and just sort of "winging it" right now. Make sure you write everything down and I bet you won't be so inclined to eat so much of that fresh fruit that will fill up your calorie and sugar intake in a flash.

Hope that helps.
  • 21Blondie
    21Blondie Posts: 10
    Options
    I have a similar issue! I never realised how much sugar I had until I logged all the fruit in - I have a sweeter tooth than I thought

Personally, I find hard boiled eggs a great alternative (although it does look strange on the go!) to apples - same number of calories, but totally different in nutrition! This and low-calorie yoghurt. You could also try swap fruit snacks for vegetable snacks, which are, generally, lower in sugar

:)
  • sunshine2013summer
    Options
    I have exact same problem! Today I had 5apples, but I had days with even 9 apples!