Run for Boston

Options
13»

Replies

• nolakris
    nolakris Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I did a 3mi run (took the short loop due to my friends shin splints) in Boston on Tuesday with a huge group, The Kier Byrnes Freedom Runners and the Cambridge 5k group.

Here's a write up on it from Esquire.com, my friend and I were both quoted. http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/boston_the_runners?src=soc_fcbks

I'm running a 5k with City Sports in Cambridge Saturday, if you live near Boston, consider coming out! I have a 10k on Sunday at an Earth Day event, but I'll be running in Boston colors.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    http://www.runnersworld.com/general-interest/how-help-or-show-support-boston

Looking to show support for Boston? Here is Runner's World quick reference page. Also, search your cities for Boston Memorial Runs...

In Memphis:
    ~Breakway is having their memorial run tomorrow night at 6:15 at Overton Park. Get there early, they are already expeciting well over 300 people. It will be a 2.62 mile run.

~Fleet Feet is having their run on Monday starting at 6 pm. It will be a 3 mile fun run, with the ability to donate $10 for ONE BOSTON FUND in which you will receive a t-shirt.

At both events runners are encouraged to wear Boston gear, blue and yellow or prior race shirts.
  • KellyOnlySmaller
    KellyOnlySmaller Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was so inspired by those runners that I started c25k this week! My "training" is for them!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I ran 5K yesterday for Boston in Lowell MA. It was my 2nd one and I beat my time by 5 min!

5k_zps978d5e89.jpg

back5k_zpsfc83bd5f.jpg
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I ran 11.5 in the trails yesterday for Boston along with almost 200 other runners. Many of the other runners hit 18.6 miles (including a 10 year old and 13 year old boy). It was awesome (and a PR for distance!!)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing the bib from Run Junkees the last week, got in 3.5 mi on Saturday and only 2 before work today. I'll have to check out the link when I get home. Sadly I missed the memorial run a group was doing tonight.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ran 16 miles since that day 5 being my longest on Saturday with the blackhawk helicopters flying back to Quonset. How I wish I could run it next year. My Boston brethren are always in my heart.:heart:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    I don't run, but I'll gladly "race walk" for Boston!
    I have 2 Walks scheduled next month and I am GLADLY Dedicating them to the Boston Marathoners who face so many Challenges right now!!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The New York Road Runners also has a tribute tee available. All proceeds go to the One Fund.

http://store.nyrr.org/i-run-for-boston-tribute-t-shirt-p1315.aspx

1307_L_Boston.jpg