best shoes you ever had..

Options
2»

Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Nike Free V3 3.0.....so very sad that I can't find them anymore (in my size anyway). As soon as you love them, they stop making them. I'm going tp buy 10 pairs of the next shoes I fall in love with...........Darn you Nike!!! :mad:
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I adore my Merrill barefoot shoes. It took some time to get used to them, but i love them.

Me too! I bought a second pair and stashed them away because I am worried they'll stop making them.
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    CurvaciousBeautyToBe Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love my Saucony's! :)
  • mrsmegb
    mrsmegb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Having the right shoes is a BIG deal!!!!! My feet turn inwards, making it impossible to run or workout without shoes to correct it. I had to get the top of the line "motion control" shoes for my feet... Brooks' Ariel. The $140+tax has been SOOOO worth it! When I even just do the kettlebell without those shoes, my insides of my feet hurt terribly.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    ahh burthuttz your the one i see at the gym running max incline and 12 speed so its the heels
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    {b}The best shoes I've ever had are all the ones I got fitted for. {/b}

Previously, it was a pair of Brooks Ghost 5. Right now, I'm alternating between a pair of Newton Gravity and Mizuno Wave Rider 16s. I tend to stand on the outside edge of my foot, so I need a neutral running shoe to help correct that. I have a good midfoot strike, so the Gravitys are pretty fun to run in. The Brooks and Mizunos set me back about $100 each. The Newton's are normally $175, but I scored them on Ebay for $75. Each pair is worth every penny because I know that I'm wearing the right shoes for my feet.

I also have a pair of Chuck Taylor's for lifting - those were about $25 on sale. Also very worth it - they make good budget squat and deadlift shoes.

This (the bolded part.)

My first pair I ever got fitted for was Saucony Progrid Ride ( it was a number of models and years ago). I love love lovd those sneakers. Over the years I have had to change to a supper shoe, the Saucony Hurricane over the Ride. I love those too but my favourite pair were the first ones. I tried Mizunos this time. They were a fair comparison but I will be going back to the Saucony Hurricanes on my next pair.

Bottom line is shoes are very individual. What is best for one is certainly not best for others. All of the major brands are similar in quality and price (some a little higher) but it comes down to preference. A lot of people swear by Asics. I hated the pair I had and will never go back. They aren't a bad shoe, just not for me.

As for minimal - I've wanted to, I've tried, it just doesn't work for me.
  • Lady_Bane
    Lady_Bane Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Lifting: Adidas Shell toes
    Running/Walking: New Balance support
  • mccorml
    Options

As for minimal - I've wanted to, I've tried, it just doesn't work for me.
    i tried minimal too- they were good but not the kinda outside running shoe for alaska with all the ice and trail runs it was no bueno maybe once im back in a flatter place!
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I employ three different pairs depending on distance and speed intended, and I love them ALL.
    Saucony Kinvara for treadmill work, speed/track workouts, and 5k racing.
    Asics Gel Noosa Tri for 10k-20k racing
    Saucony Cortana for half marathon and longer racing, and for regular training runs.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Definitely the Asics Gel Noosa Tri7. Best shoes ever, and so fun to wear.
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mizunos for the win, the 16s are the best waveriders yet. I have 3 pairs.
  • mccorml
    Options
    yall are speaking greek to me sounds like a new language haha
  • LeenBess
    LeenBess Posts: 12
    Options
    The original Dr. Scholls....wooden heels that clicked when I walked.......memories!!!!
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I love my Saurconys! They're the best!!
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Nike Free Runners!! 2.0 and 5.0 absolutely awesome!! No foot, shin, leg pain and great comfort and stability.
  • sluedu09
    sluedu09 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you're running I would definitely go get fitted the first time buying shoes. Then you'll at least know if you need extra support or not. I run in Saucony Cortanas and love them.

As far as shin splints go, I think it's possible to get them whether you have the right shoes or not when you're first starting out. You're building up muscle.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of tan etnies that I walked everywhere in. They were casual shoes, not walking shoes, but they held up well. Athletic shoes never do it for me because I could never find one to fit my round, wide foot shape. Even the wide-width ones didn't feel right, but I loved my casual etnies shoes. They were $50 or $60.