stschulz Posts: 340
    Just be careful and take it easy after being sick Ileanak:indifferent:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    <
    sending box with tools to princess:devil:

LOL I'm pretty mean with the tools.

Being a military wife, I live by the motto, "Fix it your @#$%@#$ self!"

Ya, not much of a motto, but I can fix a lawn mower, ops check a washer or dryer, and I do light plumbing. LOL The UPS guy one time saw me with circular saw in my garage and asked, "Oh cleaning up behind your husband?" I answered back, "Husband? These are my tools!" VRRRRRRRRRRr..... LOL
  • PrincessLaundry
    I rode WITH my kids and DH for 1 1/2 hours!!! Slower than ever, but we tested the monkeys on trails and they did GREAT!! We had a blast!

• stschulz
    See, I never even used a circular saw!

But since you are that handy: check the web. there are many sides that will show you how to do basic things that the bikeshop would charge you an arm and a leg for yourself.
  • PrincessLaundry
    See, I never even used a circular saw!

But since you are that handy: check the web. there are many sides that will show you how to do basic things that the bikeshop would charge you an arm and a leg for yourself.

I should do that for next time! But this time, I needed to replace and fix everything but the frame! LOL I really fubared my bike. :noway:

I think I'm going to have some alone time with it today and polish it up... ::sigh:: It is like I have my old friend and my energy back!!! I love this challenge thread. It kept me motivated reading every one's busy-biking!
  • cecreech
    cecreech Posts: 119 Member
    Ok, somebody slap me out of it. I feel like I am in bicycle withdrawal! I would have it back by now but I had worn the chainrings slam out! Ugh! I hate it when I do that. If they would just let me have it back I promise I'll be good, most of the time. Please? I have been walking, walking, walking. I'm burnin' calories but I am bored out of my mind. I have swum. Swimmed. It is so boring. I think when I get it back I am going to throw a party. And to make matters more lamentable, I received a new jersey in the mail today as a belated Fathers Day gift. So, I am walking around the house with my jersey on with no bike in the garage. I think it is safe to say I may have crossed over the line. I may be addicted to my bike or at least I have a codependent relationship. :huh:
  • stschulz
    cecreech,
    I have an old Trek Aluminum DF that I am not using anymore. You can ride that if you want to. Want me to ship it?:smile:
  • cecreech
    That is very kind of you, the storm is over now. I am trying to fight off a craving that has flung on me.
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Ok, somebody slap me out of it. I feel like I am in bicycle withdrawal! I would have it back by now but I had worn the chainrings slam out! Ugh! I hate it when I do that. If they would just let me have it back I promise I'll be good, most of the time. Please? I have been walking, walking, walking. I'm burnin' calories but I am bored out of my mind. I have swum. Swimmed. It is so boring. I think when I get it back I am going to throw a party. And to make matters more lamentable, I received a new jersey in the mail today as a belated Fathers Day gift. So, I am walking around the house with my jersey on with no bike in the garage. I think it is safe to say I may have crossed over the line. I may be addicted to my bike or at least I have a codependent relationship. :huh:

I just wanted to say.....
    YOU FREAKIN' ROCK LOL!!! I love my bike too!
    I'm also addicted to my bike and I'm starting to go through long ride withdrawls.
    My son had a double header baseball game today. First one was at 9:30 a.m. and an hour and a half away. So we had to leave early. By the time we got home it was 4 p.m. and 104 degrees...OMG! This weather SUCKS!!!! My husband still went out and rode after I got home...he's crazy!
    I painted my sons room so at least I burnt a million calories LOL! But your right it's not the same.
    After working 12 1/2 hours yesterday I took the long way home and got a 10 mile ride in, but it was still around 95 degrees at 7 p.m....uuggggg! I want to ride 30 miles not 10!!!!
    I MISS MY LONG RIDES!
    I hope you get your bike back really soon!
    Kel~
    biker1.gif
  • cecreech
    I think when I get my bike back I will be sleeping in the garage with it for a while. I never want to be this much apart again. I did a little SAG work today for my team and then we had people over all evening. I go out to the empty bike rack. I so ronry. I had had to adjust to eating very little to maintain any loss. That is hard to do. Perhaps I will get it back by Tuesday. Thank you all for your very kind sympathy. If I don't get it back by Tuesday, I may have to spend the night at the LBS. You know, you have to do what you have to do. :wink:
  • CyclingDiva
    I think when I get my bike back I will be sleeping in the garage with it for a while. I never want to be this much apart again. I did a little SAG work today for my team and then we had people over all evening. I go out to the empty bike rack. I so ronry. I had had to adjust to eating very little to maintain any loss. That is hard to do. Perhaps I will get it back by Tuesday. Thank you all for your very kind sympathy. If I don't get it back by Tuesday, I may have to spend the night at the LBS. You know, you have to do what you have to do. :wink:

Maybe it's from too many paint fumes I have been inhaled the past few days hahaha! But what is LBS???
    I'm sure as soon as you say it, I'll feel like a dumb dumb.
    I have to laugh when you mentioned your bike rack in the garage. I wasn't laughing at you, but at the fact our bikes actually have their own room in the house. We keep them in the computer/ bike room. We have a double bike stand for them... Isn't that funny? :happy: My husband and I are total clean freaks, but our bikes are in the house.
    The kids are always in and out of the garage so we don't want to take the risk of them getting stolen. There expensive bikes! Either that or we are just WAY too :heart: IN LOVE:heart: with our bikes :love:
    I can't wait to get out and ride tomorrow. Just wish it wasn't 100 + degrees here. It makes it hard to get a good ride in.
    Happy riding,
    Kelly biker1.gif
  • cecreech
    An LBS is a "Local Bike Shop" and I should have just written the whole thing but I did not remember I was not on a bike forum. I admire you for getting out there in the heat of the day. I am interviewing for a job or two today and so I have to think about other things than my bike. I hope you have a super day! Stay cool!
    Chuck

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free
  • cecreech
    I got my bike back from the bike shop this afternoon and it is as smooth as silk. I just did a lap around the block and up the hill and it is great. I have tomorrow off. I am gonna burn some calories and have some fun!

67210.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • CyclingDiva
    I got my bike back from the bike shop this afternoon and it is as smooth as silk. I just did a lap around the block and up the hill and it is great. I have tomorrow off. I am gonna burn some calories and have some fun!

67210.png

That is AWESOME you got your bike back!!!! I have been riding an hour after work everyday this week. Heat and all. Northern Cali is on fire, up in the hills and it has settled down in the valley. It looks so nasty outside, but here I am still riding in it...probably not the best idea, but I went with how I felt and I felt GREAT! :happy:
    I've been ride and hour after work, then to the gym for an additional 30 minutes of cardio and to lift. I'm going to try and do this all summer! I want the cheese on the back of my leg GONE!!! LOL!!!
    I look forward to hearing how your ride goes tomorrow!
    Happy riding,
    Kel~biker1.gif
  • cecreech
    Sweat is good. I couldn't get out this morning because of call late last night but I had a bad case of the "can't help its" and got out there in the 99 degree heat and 98 percent humidity and busted off 8 quick miles on a loop around the house. After being off the bike for so long I was surprised to see the cadence jump up and I quickly settled into my groove. I stood up and outran a dog (sprint training!) and managed to burn off 721 calories. Whew! That was fun - and educational. I have ridden this well in spurts before but it feels like now that I have lost some more weight and gained some muscle and got my bike fixed I am headed for a new normal. I am losing an average of 2lbs a week and today I had an average speed of 13.4. Perhaps I am headed toward a new normal. Soon I will be transformed from round and slow to slim and go! :blushing:
    67210.png
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    I'm up for this. Maybe we should add all of our pledges together and try to be sure to make that many miles total this week. We can keep logging in and adding up!
  • familybugs
    familybugs Posts: 129 Member

I have to laugh when you mentioned your bike rack in the garage. I wasn't laughing at you, but at the fact our bikes actually have their own room in the house. We keep them in the computer/ bike room. We have a double bike stand for them... Isn't that funny? :happy: My husband and I are total clean freaks, but our bikes are in the house.
    The kids are always in and out of the garage so we don't want to take the risk of them getting stolen. There expensive bikes! Either that or we are just WAY too :heart: IN LOVE:heart: with our bikes :love:
    I can't wait to get out and ride tomorrow. Just wish it wasn't 100 + degrees here. It makes it hard to get a good ride in.
    Happy riding,
    Kelly biker1.gif

We do the same... I have 5 bikes in my living room. :laugh: We have a 4 bedroom house and 3 kids, so we don't have room to put our office and bikes in a room, so it all goes in the living room.. :laugh: ... and we wont put our bikes in the garage either!! :noway:
    What kind of bikes do you and your husband have?
    My hubby has a Merlin road, yeti mountain bike, my son has a fetish road bike, and I have a jad an italian carbon fiber frame.

We have been getting up at 5:30 to ride cause its crazy hot here too!!
  • cecreech
    I am not sure I will get my 100 miles in this week, due to repairs - to the bike. I am pretty confident about 50 though.
    We have 6 bikes in our garage which we lock. Its a 2 car garage but we only have room for one car. 2 roadies and 4 mountain bikes. I started out on a mountain bike in Argentina when we lived there. When I got here I bought a LeMond Versailles. My boys used to ride with me all the time and then . . . cars and girls. Now if we could just get the girls to ride WITH us . . . hmmm.
  • CyclingDiva
    Soon I will be transformed from round and slow to slim and go! :blushing:
    67210.png

WOOOWWW WHOOOOO!!! Why are you blushing??? Don't be shy!!!! Who wouldn't want bikers legs and butt....OH YAH! hahah!!! You GO! GO! GO! :happy:

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun with your bike. I rode to work today, with the intentions of riding after work, as I've been doing! HOLY CRAP! when I left work I felt like I walked into bar full of smokers.
    It is a BAD today in the Sac Valley! We need to get these fires under control or there will be no such things as Northern California. :sick:
    Needless to say, I came straight home. I didn't even go to the gym. This crap is making my head hurt big time!
    Anyways....
    How many miles were you able to get in today?
    Kel~:flowerforyou:
  • CyclingDiva

Happy riding,
    Kelly biker1.gif

We do the same... I have 5 bikes in my living room. :laugh: We have a 4 bedroom house and 3 kids, so we don't have room to put our office and bikes in a room, so it all goes in the living room.. :laugh: ... and we wont put our bikes in the garage either!! :noway:
    What kind of bikes do you and your husband have?
    My hubby has a Merlin road, yeti mountain bike, my son has a fetish road bike, and I have a jad an italian carbon fiber frame.

We have been getting up at 5:30 to ride cause its crazy hot here too!!

I sent you a message :flowerforyou: