MFP member meet up

Options

Replies

• Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    bring her. bring the kids. and I say I think its a great idea. you don't like it don't comment. obviously it's not for you.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Speaking of MFP member meetup... I love your hair. :love:

I appreciate that! Thank you.
  • DirtyTrickster
    DirtyTrickster Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Sorry for voicing my opinion. Obviously this thread only acknowledges one side of the discussion.

Good luck with your meet ups.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Oh no...I have replied to too many TMI questions in the forums for me to meet these people face to face. LOL

Seriously, it's an interesting idea, but I believe we are all a little too scattered.
  • brittanylock09
    brittanylock09 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have seen people on here that actually do meet up with others... it's just you meeting people that actually are in your area... I was gonna meet up with someone one time but never got around to it :/
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    This would be the largest gathering of positive motivating people in history.
    Put Tony Robbins to shame
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I have met some wonderful people through this site. Even flew to England. I don't, however, want to meet many from the public forums. I would rather set my rendezvous up with people I have grown to care about. We come from all over the world after all.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I've met up with lots of people from MFP. Ya just have to find your little group and set it up. It's really pretty easy to do!
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    I'd like to meet up with people in my area. all my friends are 500 miles away from me in my home town and haven't really made any friends here. Tried at the gym, but everyone's in their own world and I don't want to distract them.
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    You can search for friends through here that are close to you by location...and go from there.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've thought about a meet up as well. I'm in the LA area and would love to meet some fellow MFP'ers. :) Maybe even meet up at the gym! :D
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Well anyone from Kansas?
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I've met quite a few MFP peeps in my area and one from out of town that was traveling to my area and stopped by for lunch. I would love to meet more of my friends on here - they have been through a lot with me and probably know me better than my RL friends hahaha.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    The meetings are the reason I'm still paying for Weight Watchers. I love that feedback I get from the people. I just wish I could find some more fitness minded friends and I could save $40 a month.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    This would be the largest gathering of positive motivating people in history.
    Put Tony Robbins to shame

No.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    We have had regular meet ups here in the Denver area for a couple of years now. It's a great group of people!
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Next time I am in Yucaipa, I will look you up! My family still lives there and Big Bear, where I grew up. :happy:
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i would be awesome to meet some Arkansans close to my area. I've not seen many who are in Arkansas. I am an hour from Branson Mo and am closer to the Huntsville, Kingston area or Berryville. i go to Harrison a lot too.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    MFP meetups are not at all like Weight Watcher meetings. Unless people grope each other at Weight Watcher meetings now.
  • Maidofmer
    Options
    Next time I am in Yucaipa, I will look you up! My family still lives there and Big Bear, where I grew up. :happy:
    I used to live right off Yucaipa blvd, now im off barton and waterman. 24 hr fitness is right down the road.