C25K

Options
2»

Replies

• MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You could also try the "zombies! Run 5k" app. It starts out with 15 second runs for the first week, 30 second runs for the second week. It does pick up the pace a bit after that, but if you can't keep up just add in some c25k runs to get a slower build up while keeping it challenging.

And as everybody says. SLOW! When I started running I literally got overtaken by old people walking dogs. Didn't feel to good, but now I can overtake them again so progress is made :)22
  • acasper3
    acasper3 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did 30 Day Shred alongside this everyweek because you only run 3 days a week on the program.
  • Susiemet
    Susiemet Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also I want to add don't feel bad about repeating weeks. I sometimes repeat a week 3 or 4 times before I feel that I am ready to move forward.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Definitely slow down!! If you can run any slower than you are, then you're going too fast. And I know it's not much consolation now, but your breathing will definitely improve as you go through the program. I'm on Week 7 Day 3 and my breathing is now steady and even. Before I sounded like a loud, panting old horse. I had to BLAST my music not to hear myself. Maybe that would help you? If you can't hear how bad your breathing sounds you might be able to push through more easily. You can do this!