Replies

• MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Springfield Armory XDs .45acp
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I LOVE road trips!! (just had to put that out there :happy: )

When I am the primary driver (for more than half the trip) I pack:
    natural almonds (no salt or flavoring)
    bananas
    apples
    pears
    Kind nutty bars (the coconut almond ones are my fave)
    water and iced tea (homemade with a little honey or a little sugar because I dont care for artificial sweeteners)

If I am not the primary driver:
    protein sandwich (egg whites, chicken, provolone on fiber one bread)
    pita chips
    fruit (same as above)
    Kind bars
    iced tea or water
    a good book

Fruit goes well in my car because I can pass it back (I have 3 kids, aged 9, 7 and 2) as well as nuts and pita chips
    I dont let anyone pack any candy, potato chips, cookies or pies because I dont want to be tempted. If we stop for gas, I avoid going inside the station

If we stop for food, we try to pick a buffet so that I can get a loaded salad and everyone else can get what they want. Buffets dont really bother me because I dont like their food (too bland) and their desserts dont tempt me at all.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip!
    :flowerforyou:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

My bad I only read the title.... Uhhh I like fruit... Apples mostly and almonds occasionally granola or unbuttered unsalted popcorn
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Huh. After reading the title, my answer was going to be Glock 26.
    Nice I like how you think:bigsmile:
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    :laugh:
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'd eat before, but my car is new and I'm still too precious about it to eat in it.

This^^^

but if I ABSOLUTELY have no other option I'll pack fruit, a protein shake, and a protein bar of some sort. Eating it outside of my car.
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I will be driving so a sandwich becomes difficult. I'm not that coordinated.:ohwell: thanks it's a start:happy:

This sounds dangerous to me - if you're doing the driving you shouldn't be eating at the same time. I don't know what the laws are where you are but if you did that in England you could be arrested, which is probably better than causing an accident and killing someone. Either eat when you get there or stop for 15 minutes to eat and take a break.
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    I LOVE road trips!! (just had to put that out there :happy: )

When I am the primary driver (for more than half the trip) I pack:
    natural almonds (no salt or flavoring)
    bananas
    apples
    pears
    Kind nutty bars (the coconut almond ones are my fave)
    water and iced tea (homemade with a little honey or a little sugar because I dont care for artificial sweeteners)

If I am not the primary driver:
    protein sandwich (egg whites, chicken, provolone on fiber one bread)
    pita chips
    fruit (same as above)
    Kind bars
    iced tea or water
    a good book

Fruit goes well in my car because I can pass it back (I have 3 kids, aged 9, 7 and 2) as well as nuts and pita chips
    I dont let anyone pack any candy, potato chips, cookies or pies because I dont want to be tempted. If we stop for gas, I avoid going inside the station

If we stop for food, we try to pick a buffet so that I can get a loaded salad and everyone else can get what they want. Buffets dont really bother me because I dont like their food (too bland) and their desserts dont tempt me at all.

Hope this helps, enjoy your trip!
    :flowerforyou:
    Thanks the first part is where I am and it is not so long that I plan to stop so I won't have to worry about that.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Usually Combos or chips. Or nothing.
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    I will be driving so a sandwich becomes difficult. I'm not that coordinated.:ohwell: thanks it's a start:happy:

This sounds dangerous to me - if you're doing the driving you shouldn't be eating at the same time. I don't know what the laws are where you are but if you did that in England you could be arrested, which is probably better than causing an accident and killing someone. Either eat when you get there or stop for 15 minutes to eat and take a break.
    There is a short stop in the middle guess I can plan to have a car picnic.:happy:
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Kind bars (blueberry pecan are my favs)
    Fruit and Veggie Smoothie (I blend it the night before and throw it in the freezer so it's still frosty halfway through my trip)
    Almonds or trail mix

I love the idea someone else posted about packing wraps. Going to try that one myself next time. :)
  • Morninglory81
    Options
    Thanks all for your ideas. Now it's time to prep my food for the road. Have a drink on me :drinker:
  • boroko
    boroko Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There is a short stop in the middle guess I can plan to have a car picnic.:happy:

Please do - better to be safe! Good luck for the trip.