7 weeks Cardio vs. 7 weeks Lifting - Pictures

Options
I'm by no means a heavy lifter. I despise the gym and use free weights (some would call it barbie weights ha! ha!) in the privacy of my home. I simply increase the weights when I feel I'm ready for the next challenge. It just amazes me what a difference strength training has done for my body. I can't wait to see what else my body can take.

The pictures where take in February 21, and April 18.
Between January 6 when I first joined the site and February 21, I was doing strictly cardio. Sorry there are no pictures from when I started in Jan at 167lbs. By February 21, I think I was about 160.

The last time I checked on my Birthday March 31, I was 145, the next day, April 1, I had a my yearly physical and they clocked me at 153. So I'm between 145-153 in the April Pictures as I haven't got weighed since the beginning of this month.

April18Front.jpg

April18Side2.jpg

NOTE: I picked up 30 pounds between August last year and Jan so I've never been real heavy. I was just ashamed I let myself gain that much weight in a short amount of time. And of course I always maintained doing just cardio prior to getting lazy last year August. But now I think I'm hooked on strength training. Y'all (on this board) have unleashed sumin'!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

PICTURE EDIT: The side pictures are cut off so I'm posting them one at a time:

April18Side.jpg

Feb21Side.jpg

Replies

• butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Aww, can't see pictures...
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

April18Front.jpg

April18Side2.jpg
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Lookin great chick. Keep up the lifting!
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    You have some weird extra code in your tags. Also I think it works better when the img is lower case. You look AMAZING!
    I'm by no means a heavy lifter. I despise the gym and use free weights (some would call it barbie weights ha! ha!) in the privacy of my home. I simply increase the weights when I feel I'm ready for the next challenge. It just amazes me what a difference strength training has done for my body. I can't wait to see what else my body can take.

The pictures where take in February 21, and April 18.
    Between January 6 when I first joined the site and February 21, I was doing strictly cardio. Sorry there are no pictures from when I started in Jan at 167lbs. By February 21, I think I was about 160.

The last time I checked on my Birthday March 31, I was 145, the next day, April 1, I had a my yearly physical and they clocked me at 153. So I'm between 145-153 in the April Pictures as I haven't got weighed since the beginning of this month.

April18Front.jpg

April18Side2.jpg

NOTE: I picked up 30 pounds between August last year and Jan so I've never been real heavy. I was just ashamed I let myself gain that much weight in a short amount of time. And of course I always maintained doing just cardio prior to getting lazy last year August. But now I think I'm hooked on strength training. Y'all (on this board) have unleashed sumin'!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible! I want to share this with all my chronic cardio friends on MFP who think an hour on the Stairmaster will get them results like yours. You look great!!
  • Snatched614
    Snatched614 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great Job...
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    Wow, that's incredible! I want to share this with all my chronic cardio friends on MFP who think an hour on the Stairmaster will get them results like yours. You look great!!

I know! I actually work out less now. Thanks!!
  • three36love
    three36love Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, you look amazing!!
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Amazing results. Excellent post.
  • Christiethorn1
    Christiethorn1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! I find the same thing as you.....Just adding the weights burns my fat so much faster!!! I still do a few days of cardio inbetween. What is your workout schedule? Do you do alternate muscles on different days??
  • ramsfan84
    ramsfan84 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Really great job. You look amazing. Thanks for posting. It is really good to see.
  • janacast
    janacast Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great pics! How heavy are the weights you are using? What is your lifting routine? i have been thinking about adding to my routine b/c i am more cardio but i like the quick results you have posted.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Doing awesome, you look great!
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Fantastic transformation in such a short time!

I'd also be interested in hearing about your routine.
  • mink63
    mink63 Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow! The difference in just a month is unbelievable! I've been thinking about slowing down on cardio and adding more weight training and now I'm totally motivated seeing the difference in your body. Thanks for the motivation!
  • SweetT415
    SweetT415 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! You look great! Weights are the way to go.
  • Spicydeene
    Spicydeene Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Even with the "BARBIE" weights!!!

I'm very new to strengh training too and I'm far more impressed with the results!
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    Thanks for the responses. I posted because I'm still amazed myself. I can't believe I wasted YEARS doing only cardio when I could have seen better results strength training. I seriously plan to keep upping the weights to see what else this body of mine can take.
  • Chameleongal
    Options
    Great job!!! Even with the "BARBIE" weights!!!

I'm very new to strengh training too and I'm far more impressed with the results!

:drinker: We gotta start somewhere....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!