Lost weight and Gained Health benefits!

Options
I only started dieting properly after a trip to the dentist last February meant that between appointments and work done on my front teeth, which made eating very difficult i lost 28lb in one month - that was some motivation to get shifting and have now gone from 220lbs to 145lb in 14 months! And a UK dress size 20 to 10/12 - my wardrobe has certainly suffered over the course of the year. I'm stuck at a bit of a plateau and slighlty nervous about trying to continue to maintain the weight after i get to my goal of 140lb, but im determined to finish the job!
An unexpected benefit and a little incentive to everyone else to shift the weight is, i was born with a minor heart defect (no treatment required just hospital checks, and i'm not allowed tatoos or piercings!) but just had my FINAL check up, as my heart has managed to repaired itself enough to be considered normal!! (well medically at least :))

Replies

• Nidda_C
    Nidda_C Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    How did you manage to lose 28 lbs in one month? That's like a lb per day O____O
  • willowcat2005
    Options
    Bad pain in teeth meant very little food intake - i had work done on my front teeth. I could only manage very small amounts of food. And i guess i was over due for losing some weight! Believe that was the biggest weight loss in a space of time i've ever achieved!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! congratulations and well done for all the hard work! Just goes to show how much pressure we put on our bodies without realising it. I bet you are over the moon to have a healthy heart :)
  • willowcat2005
    Options
    To be honest i've never felt better - but i'm more annoyed with myself that its taken so long to shift the weight and that i should have done something about it sooner! And i can't encourage others more to keep up with the diet/exercise, its hard to keep going when you don't always see results, and i was very lucky to have a great encouragement early on to start my diet, but im deterimined to keep at it - i've come this far!
  • wickednitsch
    wickednitsch Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Does this mean you will get a tattoo to celebrate your victory when you hit goal? :laugh:
    Congratulations!
  • willowcat2005
    Options
    Less tattoo - thinking more breast reduction! - its the only thing that hasn't decreased with dieting (unfortuanlty!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!