Today's NSV- What's yours

Options
124»

Replies

• hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Today I got two awesome moments. First, my physical therapist (who I've seen for almost 30 sessions since last October) told me today that I seem like I've lost weight - the first person to comment on it who I haven't told first! (I don't really count those people since you can never be 100% sure they genuinly think so or are just being nice or seeing something because they think they "should" see it)

Second, I went for a jog/walk outside (finally spring-y enough!) with my boyfriend. Since I haven't been doing the treadmill at all for a month and been pretty lazy otherwise as well, I was expecting I'd be out of breath feeling like dying after 1 minute. Instead, the first time I even looked at my watch was at 2mins, and I did get three 5-7min intervals between fast walking. Lots better than I expected! Also, apparently I've upped my speed since my boyfriend could no longer keep up with me, so he had to jog instead of fast walking as well (he walks pretty fast & has longer legs than me, last summer whenever we went for a jog together he would just walk and make ridiculous comments about it)

EDIT: I do count the people who know I've lost weight, but not in the same category. I still think it's really nice of them and want to think they're right and it's visible, and the comments make me happy, but it's still not the same thing... :)
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    This is a silly and almost annoying one but I was speaking to my mother on the phone yesterday and I was telling her that I needed some new clothes because all of mine are too big but I feel like I should wait bc I know I still have a bit more to lose. She said "Oh goodness girl you need to stop losing weight before you shrivel into nothing. You are going to look sick soon." It was nice to hear that someone views me as that small. I know I am not big but at 5'6" and 156 lbs I can def stand to lose some more weight without wasting away...
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I buttoned my "dream jeans" today!!! No WAY am I wearing them anywhere yet but HOLY cow! They're the ones I stored in the top of my closet because I would never see that size again. I am sooo ridiculously proud of myself!

You go! I have a couple of pieces I try on every week or so. It's awesome to get closer and closer to being able to wear them in public!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I jogged for the first time in months and I was able to do 15 minutes! I guess the HIIT and tae bo I had been doing helped me with stamina.
  • Angiebabe2
    Options
    Check up with my gp today who said I was the first patient he knew to successfully lose weight on steroid treatment - 60lbs and counting

Yes!!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    My husband did a double take across the room from me and said, "OMG, you can totally tell you've lost weight!" I don't see that when I look in the mirror, so this felt REALLY good!
  • lhgalant
    lhgalant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I started a new routine about 2 weeks ago after the scale not moving for 4 weeks straight. I took measurements at the start so I took measurements last night. In 16 days I've lost a total of 4.75 inches which includes 2 inches from my hips & .75 inches from my waist!!!!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I just finished stage 2 of NRoLFW. Since the end of February I've love 3 inches in my hips, 2 inches from my waist, and 2 from my bust! I am feeling really good today!
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I fit into my old, wonderfully supportive sports bra that has been too small for a long, long time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!