Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options

Replies

• super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I've found live bugs...in salads, grapes, strawberries.
  • mathera26
    mathera26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I once worked in a meat department and while slicing a ham I found a metal rod about 4 inches long.
  • MonaMel01
    MonaMel01 Posts: 18
    Options
    A dead ladybug in the lettuce wraps at PF Chang's. I don't think it was good luck...
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mom found maggots in a box of jiff pie crust mix. ugh!

Does anyone else remember when we were kids and there was something called Crystal Pepsi (clear pepsi that tasted delish)? Well there was a scare about people finding syringes in them. Didn't happen to us, but man was that good stuff - not sure why it went away...maybe we were the only kids drinking it...

And apparently a certain amount of bug/rat/other debris is permitted in food :sick:
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Growing up on a farm I realize that most people have no idea about what goes in to food. Vegans may think they are not eating meat but I would be willing to put money down that there is a little bit in there.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaDypT3doJ3ARnB_7MqHJWniz-r2AcYSYUfP1JMLWfEsZ8idQk
  • JVonni
    JVonni Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I found what appeared to be a 'fossilized' fin in a can of tuna. Yep, that turned me off tuna for a long while....I still haven't recovered :noway: :sick:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I found a big black ant embedded in a block of cheddar cheese :sick:
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    I was hungry, but I am not anymore. Thanks!! :sick:
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

I'm sorry but that made me laugh. LMAO
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A friend on mine found a bloody bandaid in a doritos bag before...she called the company and they gave her over $100 in free stuff,,,.personally i thought she was nuts because that is a pretty epic find, she could have filed a law suit against them!
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I was on a bus trip for school years ago and we stopped along the way and had box meals of fried chicken delivered to us at one stop for lunch. When I opened my box, one of the pieces of chicken had been fried with the feathers still on it.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

I'm sorry but that made me laugh. LMAO

That's ok. It makes me laugh too. When she called the company, they thought she must be hallucinating.
  • IOWAlapbanderette
    IOWAlapbanderette Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Years ago I opened an ice cream container and found a VERY long black hair on the second scoop into the container....
    considering I had short blonde hair...I KNEW it wasn't mine..
    called the company and got a coupon..
    I once bought 3 cans of tuna and made hot tuna sandwiches for the family...well as I was mixing I thought, gawd this smells strong..
    since I was pregnant I attributed it to that..
    I couldn't eat it or give it to the kids, it was that strong..I called the company, and come to find out..a batch of tuna that was meant for CAT FOOD was packaged for people...every can of tuna was pulled from the shelves from across the country..I received a check for the groceries I used, along with a check for $200 to keep my mouth shut and not tell the news...I should have gotten more..LOL to this day I can't eat tuna..ever
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This thread is going in my faves for times I am craving garbage.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Found a dead, baked up roach once in a bag of cereal. EW.

Not my story, but one time, a kid near me was eating school chili and he pulled out a sizable screw from the bottom on the bowl. WUT?
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    @sullus - What the heck is that???
  • pwnderosa
    pwnderosa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    When I was little my mom used to have an organic vegetable garden so...all manner of little cooties could get in there if you weren't really careful while washing the stuff before cooking.

I still remember the day I almost ate an inchworm hidden in my broccoli. *shudder*
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was in grade school, my mom gave us a dollar or two once a month when she got paid. We walked to and from school and across the street from the school was a laundry mat that we waited on mom when it rained. She knew the owners and we would "work" for them for 1/2 hr or so waiting on mom. We got to get an item out of the vending machine when we finished. I got a zero bar. When I opened it there was a dollar between the wrapper and the paper the zero bar sat on! I'll never forget it! Being 7-8 at the time I thought that was amazing! LOL
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This is so gross...