Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options

Replies

• jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Years ago on my way to work one hectic morning, I went to good old Mac Ds for a breakfast sandwich...when I got to work and was adding my ketchup...always on both sides of the egg, I found flies fried up with the egg...never eaten from MacDs for breakfast again...and when I do have something there, I check it completely before I eat it...rarely go to fast food places now.
  • crystalnichle
    crystalnichle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I was eating spinach artichoke dip from a restaurant I worked at and the plastic wrapper from a stick of butter was in there (btw it didnt even contain butter! wtf! ) and when I let them know they found it hilarious because I worked there. I was pregnant and was irate at the fact that I almost ate that!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    A friend on mine found a bloody bandaid in a doritos bag before...she called the company and they gave her over $100 in free stuff,,,.personally i thought she was nuts because that is a pretty epic find, she could have filed a law suit against them!

YOU WIN.

:laugh:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    It happens when you're doing Paleo.
  • meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Had an omelet in a cafe back when I was in Denver with little rat hairs in it. They apologized, but didn't give me a free anything. Never went back there.
    Denver....Omelet, lol.
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I found a nail (a two inch metal NAIL!) inside a store bought cookie once, when i was a kid. My mom was horrified.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Years ago when I was in grade school, my mom gave us a dollar or two once a month when she got paid. We walked to and from school and across the street from the school was a laundry mat that we waited on mom when it rained. She knew the owners and we would "work" for them for 1/2 hr or so waiting on mom. We got to get an item out of the vending machine when we finished. I got a zero bar. When I opened it there was a dollar between the wrapper and the paper the zero bar sat on! I'll never forget it! Being 7-8 at the time I thought that was amazing! LOL

D'awwww. :)
  • blinker86
    blinker86 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    This thread is turning my stomach! I feel so lucky to have never discovered anything totally vile in my food!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    At Village Inn I found a piece of melted plastic in my waffle. They said, "How strange!" and did not comp the meal or anything!
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I've never found anything like this in food. It makes me wonder if there HAVE been things but I just ate them without realizing :indifferent:

Blech :sick:
  • Narla444
    Narla444 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow, these stories make the plastic wrapped chicken in my sandwich seem tame. I just checked MFP before going to get a snack - I'm not hungry at all anymore.

The bandaid story made me queasy!
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we forgot a SEALED package of lunch ham (Oscar Mayer or similar) in a cooler and put the cooler away. Some few weeks later we opened the cooler and found the SEALED, UNOPENED package in it.

It was by then a sealed plastic ball of tapeworms.

It's been 16 years and I still can't touch precooked ham.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    @sullus - What the heck is that???

*shrug* dunno. I just remember seeing that pic a long time ago and thought it would make a fun add to this thread.

I've never found anything shocking in food. A chunk of bone in a sausage, insects in produce .. stuff you expect. To this day my wife won't eat cod because one time she was prepping some filets and worms started crawling out of the fish on to the cutting board. But again, that's not unexpected from cod (most cod has worms)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    glass in pizza - gave me a $20 gift card and acted like they were doing me a favor
    chicken bone in pizza - place claimed it wasn't their fault, but the fault of their distributor that delivers the chicken. Whaaaat?
    two little bugs in a bagel
    long hair in a salad - free salad
    chunk of bone in prepacked deli ham *shudder*
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    :noway: I'm never buying anything again. lol

Me either! Ewwww!!!!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.

On the way out the door (I wouldn't have been able to help myself) I would have stopped by the table and said "you're very lucky. Your new fiancee bought you the most delicious ring ... "
  • rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options

I sure hope they washed it off before they delivered her dessert
  • angelaanhela
    angelaanhela Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Was a regular at a paella restaurant that was just starting up and chummy with the owner (owned by a brother and sister). I raved about it to all my friends and family and was really interested in getting them more business. That was until eating there with a friend and we found a piece of plastic in our food. Told the sister owner (since the brother, the guy I had spoken to previously on numerous times, was not there) and showed her the plastic. She took it back into the kitchen and came back saying it was just the chorizo casing and wasnt that bad because its edible. Umm no. That plastic was hard, like really stiff plastic, not a casing and was not shaped like it would have come from a casing when slicing chorizo. They were totally lying to us just because they didnt want to admit there was a problem. The didnt refund us anything or do anything to make up for it. Needless to say I never went back.
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    On the way out the door (I wouldn't have been able to help myself) I would have stopped by the table and said "you're very lucky. Your new fiancee bought you the most delicious ring ... "

That made me laugh out loud! I should have done that :laugh:

- and Rebby: I had the exact same thought when I realized what was going on!