Starting Couch-2-5k today - anyone else

Options

Replies

• TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is w1 d3 for me, feel free to add :)
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Great decision!
    Hopefully you will like it just like I do. I did week 9 day 1 today.
  • bkal42
    bkal42 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just finished program. I didn't gave any trouble completing it. What I liked most was having a routine to follow. I looked forward each week.
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    Best of luck. I did this program too and loved it. Add me for support if you like!!
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I finished it last september, then in october quit running. Tried to go running again and... epic fail. Anyway- long story short- I will start again with you, today.
  • Shanwhiting
    Options
    Started last night! Yeah, I'm a chicken and did it when it was dark. Then the neighbors wouldn't see me sucking wind! Surprisingly wasn't too bad even though I'm still about 40lbs overweight ( already lost 60) I could still do it. I love the free app from zen labs made it really easy.
    Btw....anyone know a good pair of headphones to wear when running? My iPhone earbuds kept falling out.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I started it 2+ months ago and due to my running form was injured (I'm 50 and have never run before) so I switched it to the elliptical, just go at a slower pace for the walking segments and much faster for the running segments. Anyway, I just started week 8 on the elliptical. The injury is much better thanks to an awesome physical therapist so I started on the treadmill again today. The doctor says I need to not advance so quickly so I'll probably take 2 weeks at each level, maybe 3 on some of them. My goal is to run a 5K by the end of the year. I doing one on May 4, but will probably walk a good bit of it.
  • cajungirltx
    cajungirltx Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Monday :)
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm in ! I am starting week 2 monday.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

Go slow and listen to your body, but know that your body is most likely stronger than you think. The best advice I took from the c25k board was that my mind would give up before my body would. I pushed through a tough spot and they were right.

It is TRUE! My body is so much stronger than I ever gave it credit for! I have repeated week four after having a cortisone shot in my hip last week and found that it made a difference to do it again as I felt I was not ready to move on to week 5. Now I feel ready:smile:
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Woop! add me! :D I started week 1 on monday, so I did day 2 on wednesday, and day 3 is tonight! Loving it so far :D
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    There is a C25K group under "Groups" that I have found extremely helpful, it's a great little community if you'd like to come on over!!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I want to try to do this!
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I'll start on Monday.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    I just started this week... It's hasnt been hard at all. Good Luck..
  • sylviawebster
    sylviawebster Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    started it last week
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I just started it on Monday, Apr. 15 and will be doing day 3 either tonight or tomorrow. I foresee me repeating week 1 for SEVERAL weeks before I progress to week 2.:ohwell:
  • Lumen1505
    Lumen1505 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow - all ready & set to go :-)
  • meghanmaeandrews
    meghanmaeandrews Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I just started today so i'll join you! I did this before about 2 years ago and loved the progress I made. This first run was definatly easier than when I started it before.
    I am using the ease into 5K app for the iphone which is a slightly different program the the c25k but same idea.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I started it 2+ months ago and due to my running form was injured (I'm 50 and have never run before) so I switched it to the elliptical, just go at a slower pace for the walking segments and much faster for the running segments. Anyway, I just started week 8 on the elliptical. The injury is much better thanks to an awesome physical therapist so I started on the treadmill again today. The doctor says I need to not advance so quickly so I'll probably take 2 weeks at each level, maybe 3 on some of them. My goal is to run a 5K by the end of the year. I doing one on May 4, but will probably walk a good bit of it.

Hmmmm . . . .thats a good idea to use the elliptical instead. I enjoy working out on the elliptical much more than the treadmill!