Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options

Replies

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid we forgot a SEALED package of lunch ham (Oscar Mayer or similar) in a cooler and put the cooler away. Some few weeks later we opened the cooler and found the SEALED, UNOPENED package in it.

It was by then a sealed plastic ball of tapeworms.

It's been 16 years and I still can't touch precooked ham.
    [/quote

omg I think I am going to be sick!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My husband found plastic in a potato at red lobster once and glass in a cupcake at a local bakery. Got a free meal from one and complimentary dessert from the other. I think if you were to get hurt then you could sue them.
    If you do not want to buy there product anymore request a refund.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I also have stories of LACK of food. One time my mom got a cheeseburger at McDonald's. There was lettuce cheese, everything a normal burger would have. But no meat.

Had the same thing happen at Wendy's. When she went up to the counter to complain, some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha

That happened to me!!
    I went to McDonalds and ordered 2 cheeseburgers. I got 2 buns with cheese and NOTHING ELSe!!! There was just a slice of cheese in it!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I had been out with some neighbors of mine with their grandkids who I used to babysit. They ordered some popcorn something-or-other (shrimp or chicken or something) and the grandmother found a piece of bright green, pre-chewed gum that had been battered and fried. Ick.

Another time I was out to dinner with my family and my mother's soup had a large wad of saran wrap in it that she hadn't seen. It was a baked potato soup and sometimes the cheese ends up in a ball so she just ate it... and proceeded to spit it out.
  • danielleeu
    danielleeu Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.

I'm guessing that waiter was glad you were so honest...if the other table had gotten their dessert and there had been no ring...all hell would have broken loose! lol.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    One time I had chicken fingers at Chili's and there was a dead fly in my food. I didn't complain though, I just stopped eating there!

I also have stories of LACK of food. One time my mom got a cheeseburger at McDonald's. There was lettuce cheese, everything a normal burger would have. But no meat.

Had the same thing happen at Wendy's. When she went up to the counter to complain, some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha

Lol that's happened to my father in law before

My story: As a kid, my mom gave me a sealed cup o noodles. I opened it, and the majority of the noodles were maggots :O
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My fiance had a toenail resting on top of a steak he ordered one time.... gag....
  • kwatkin
    kwatkin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    my mom bit into a jube jube and found a piece of metal shrapnel or something, broke her tooth. i don't think they offered her coupons or anything automatically but asked for the proof and everything, and i don't think they heard back. i think she just got tired of fighting for it and wasn't going to pay to sue lol.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Years ago I took a swig of my Dr. Pepper and felt something in it. I absent mindedly assumed that it was a piece of syrup or something and bit into it. When it squirted I knew something wasnt right and when I spit it out it was AN EFFING ROACH EGG! I spit and spit until I was dehydrated! LOL
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else remember when we were kids and there was something called Crystal Pepsi (clear pepsi that tasted delish)? Well there was a scare about people finding syringes in them. Didn't happen to us, but man was that good stuff - not sure why it went away...maybe we were the only kids drinking it...

I have never been into clear sodas like Sprite and stuff, but I do remember Crystal Pepsi. I think it just wasn't very popular.

The song they used in the commercial was "Right Now" by Van Halen. Every time I hear that (sometimes on the 90s channel), I think of Crystal Pepsi.
  • kookanddra
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaDypT3doJ3ARnB_7MqHJWniz-r2AcYSYUfP1JMLWfEsZ8idQk

WTH???? I think I'm going to be sick!!
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I only made it about 10 comments in and I have to stop reading. Gross!
  • kaseymei
    kaseymei Posts: 164
    Options
    A couple years ago I was eating baked fish at Olive Garden. I bit down on something really hard. I pulled a metal twist tie (like a bread bag tie) out of my mouth! I told the waiter and he immediately went to management. They were very apologetic and gave me my entire meal for free! Glad I didn't swallow it!

I found the exact same thing while eating at a Thai restaurant. They too gave me my meal for free. I'm glad I didn't swallow mine either.
  • phdiva12
    phdiva12 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok- all of your stories have been incredibly gross, but I have one that takes the cake. While eating a can of Vienna Sausages, my Dad found the tip of someone's finger.
  • azure7
    azure7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Large roach in my salad at Outback. I have a huge roach phobia. :sick: They gave me lots of $$ in gift certificates, but I had to give them away b/c I get grossed-out at the thought of going there.
  • Chrisgriff32
    Chrisgriff32 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also found a Blow Pop wrapper in my Subway turkey sandwich. I called the store and the manager basically told me she thought I was making everything up!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This thread is turning my stomach! I feel so lucky to have never discovered anything totally vile in my food!

Before you feel too lucky...remember that just because you didn't find it, doesn't mean it wasn't there :frown:
  • davidwgold
    Options
    A few years back I bought myself a salad that came in a box and when I opened it I found a live caterpillar! I sent it back to the producers of it and in return they sent me vouchers for a load of free stuff from their other ranges
  • Dawners98
    Dawners98 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have two stories:

Once I found a long hair in my PF Chang's frozen meal bag. Barf!

But the worst was the time I went to a Bennigan's (then, a huge chain, and now largely extinct) restaurant with my boyfriend at the time. His meal was fine, but the broccoli they served my chicken with just COVERED in bugs. It was infested with tiny fruit flies or something - all steamed to perfection. I nearly vomited all over. The waiter was apologetic, the manager was apologetic and offered to bring me something else - but neither would just stop talking about it well after the plate was gone!! Naturally I was NOT up for food, so they just removed the charge for the meal I didn't eat, and didn't even compensate the rest of our meal. So, not only was it disgusting, it was also not handled well!
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ok- all of your stories have been incredibly gross, but I have one that takes the cake. While eating a can of Vienna Sausages, my Dad found the tip of someone's finger.

Not sure which is worse, the sausage or the finger!