Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options

Replies

• Ericsmom1991
    Options
    While visiting my sister and her husband in Oklahoma, they couldn't stop talking about a great steakhouse there so we went to eat there. I ordered a rib-eye took my first bite expecting heaven and got a long black hair got my meal free with an offer to replace it. Well no thanks on the replacement meal! I mostly felt bad for my brother-in-law he was more disappointed than i was LOL
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I LOVED Crystal Pepsi!! My hubby still jokes about how I must have been the only one who liked it :-)
    When I was a kid my mom found maggots in a box of jiff pie crust mix. ugh!

Does anyone else remember when we were kids and there was something called Crystal Pepsi (clear pepsi that tasted delish)? Well there was a scare about people finding syringes in them. Didn't happen to us, but man was that good stuff - not sure why it went away...maybe we were the only kids drinking it...

And apparently a certain amount of bug/rat/other debris is permitted in food :sick:
    My husband's grandma still has a bottle of it in her fridge, never opened.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.

That's AWESOME!
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It might not be some bug or other nasty thing, but...

When I was little, maybe 6 or so, my mom took us to visit my aunt who was living in California. We went out for dinner and I ordered a lemonade, but when I tasted it, I told my mom it tasted funny.
    She tasted it and found it was alcoholic! Who gives a little girl a hard lemonade??
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid/teenager, my family regularly traveled to Cancun during various breaks. One year we had purchased some beer at the nearby market (our villa had a little kitchenette), and my sister was about to drink one straight from the bottle when my brother practically smacked it out of her hand. Thankfully she hadn't yet put the beer up to her mouth because what my brother saw was a dead frog floating in the top of it. I think it might have been Dos Equis (the bottle was definitely green). We took it back to the store, and the manager was horrified and gave us another six-pack for free. I have no idea how the frog got in there because it was pretty big, and the neck of the bottle was, well, the size of a bottle neck.

It has not turned any of us off from drinking beer.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    This is so gross. About 8-10 years ago we had really bad crickets one summer. Seriously, they were everywhere, it was like DFW as infested. You'd walk from your car into the grocery store and have a cricket up your skirt and find one in your purse when you went to pay.

Anyway, I went to Jason's Deli for lunch with a friend. When we were done with our food we went over to their soft serve ice cream machine and got a couple cones. I liked the top of the ice cream and there was something black sticking out. Got a spoon and dug around and there was a cricket in there. :sick:

Showed the manager and he said "gross" and that was it. I didn't really need to be reimbursed for anything. My meal was fine and the ice cream was free....but it really bugged me that he didn't go back there and unhook the ice cream bag and throw it out! That cricket was either in the bag of liquid attached to the machine, or it was in the machine itself. Either way, he should have taken it all apart and cleaned it out with a fresh bag hooked up. YUCK!
  • JTS_go
    JTS_go Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found an electrical wire in a vacuum sealed package of Luzianne coffee once.
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    I found a piece of glass in a can of tuna once.

But I've got much better stories about food that I find in weird places.

A regular comedian, aren't you! LOL
    He/ she is. Last night too
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You know where I find food routinely? In my cleavage. Cuz I am clumsy and I spill...through my top apparently :P
  • btwinkles
    btwinkles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I found a moth in bagged salad. I called the number on the bag and was informed since I did not eat it's not a problem.

that is sooooooo obnoxious!! that would have sent me into a screaming fit!!!!
    :angry:
  • Springfield_Rocks
    Options
    years ago my sister found a metal washer in her Tim Horton's muffin!
  • evdvelde
    evdvelde Posts: 26
    Options
    A friend on mine found a bloody bandaid in a doritos bag before...she called the company and they gave her over $100 in free stuff,,,.personally i thought she was nuts because that is a pretty epic find, she could have filed a law suit against them!

YOU WIN.

:laugh:
    grand prize, that's for sure!
  • bethgrayster
    bethgrayster Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I was eating at a local Italian restaurant for a business lunch and I ordered an angel hair spaghetti dish. I always stir my food around before I start eating and when I did I saw something silver. There was a large ball of steel in my pasta. Looks like it broke off something they use to scrub pots with. They ended up replacing my food and our whole table got our meals free and free desert.
  • mistyislosingit
    mistyislosingit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You know where I find food routinely? In my cleavage. Cuz I am clumsy and I spill...through my top apparently :P

LOL!
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I was eating a cracker and there was hair sticking out of it. I once at a frozen meal which after I cooked it discovered upon the first bite that the meat was actually spoiled.
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    just think about the things we HAVENT found... and ate.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    there was a big story in my town about a little girl eating at subway and the parents noticed her crying and her mouth bleeding, turns out there was glass in her sandwich.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    just think about the things we HAVENT found... and ate.

UGH.... it just got easier to stick to my diet.....:sick:
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    One time I had an opened bag of jelly beans sitting out over night, then next day I poured some in my hand and started to put them in my mouth when I noticed a brown color out of the corner of my eye so I look in my hand and weighed under the jelly beans was a HUGE CENTIPEDE!!! I freaked out and dropped the jelly beans and the little bugger ran away. I ALMOST ATE A CENTIPEDE ughghghghhghg.

Another time I was helping my mom cook dinner and she asked me to get the rice out. So I pulled it out and was waiting for the water to come to a boil while I just sat looking at the rice. It seemed....different, it was sticking to the paper and it just didn't look right. I told my mom and she looked and said, No, it's fine. I kept looking at it and after a while I realized IT WAS MOVING! Mom! The rice is moving!!!! She comes over again and say's, Oh, that's because there are maggots in there. If I wouldn't have been there we would have been eating maggots for dinner! They looked EXACTLY like the rice. So Gross!