3 and 1/2 month progress with pics

Options

Replies

• sweetievi
    sweetievi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! It really gives me hope cuz your before pic looks a lot like mine. i am only 4 weeeks in though and haven't done any serious excercise yet. But you have inspired me :)
    Also I had to read your original post again to find all the religious stuff and when I realized all you did was mention things that kept you busy i had to laugh. Some people just like to get offended I guess.
  • lmsorrell1
    lmsorrell1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job! You are making great progress!

As a wife and working mother - the one who keeps the family going and getting everyone where they need to be with so much going on - it is easy to get to the end of the day and say I don't have time for me. You have really found the path to success and will also teach your children wonderful habits.

Good luck on reaching your goals!
  • lizsmith1976
    lizsmith1976 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wow. Had to comment to say first of all, you have had amazing success in 3.5 months Congratulations, because you look great. You have to have worked hard and stayed dedicated and you show that it pays off!!

Also, don't edit your post! All you were doing was listing the numerous activities in your life that keep you busy! You are a busy lady, and you still stayed dedicated and were successful.

Nothing you said seemed divisive to me, although the rude person's comments sure are!!! I'm so sorry someone interrupted your thread showing your success with that BS. Hopefully you know that it takes nothing away from you and only shows what kind of person that is.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing success!! Awesome job!
  • Leonabanks
    Options
    I say continue to post it right here. If he doesn't believe he doesn't have to respond. Keep it moving. I get so sick and tired of the
    moment you mention anything about God some people have nothing but negative things to say. How foolish....if only they knew. If you don't like what's being said....DON'T RESPOND.
  • jenpet1980
    jenpet1980 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Job, You look amazing!!! I hope the rude member who is being extremely hateful gets banned! Why focus on that part of the post instead of cheering on a fellow human being in her quest for a healthier life. I applaud you for your hard work!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your progress!

You should probably edit out the religious stuff, though. Keep that in private groups, because a lot of us don't believe in your imaginary friend, and it's considered a 'divisive' topic.

Really? She was just explaining her day/life style. She was not trying to preach! Relax!!

Op: Very well done!! You look great! I agree! No time is an excuse! I am a stay at home mom :smile: with 3 kids. I am also homeschooling, my six yr old and I have a 4 yr old and a 7 month old. I also take care of my home and I still find time to make good food choices for myself and my family and I exercise. I've lost 24lbs since Jan 21, 2013. It can be done! I wish you the best of luck! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • FettsLady
    FettsLady Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Such an inspiration! I was in the same boat with having many commitments and always using "I don't have time" as an excuse. Agree with you 100% that if you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it happen. God Bless!
  • Leonabanks
    Options
    DON'T RESPOND. YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD....HOW SAD FOR YOU. BUT DON'T TELL OTHER PEOPLE NOT TO MENTION IT IF THAT IS WHAT'S HELPING THEM SUCCEED IN THEIR WEIGHT LOSE OR HEALTHY LIVING. STOP TELLING PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN AND CAN NOT SAY. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, JUST DON'T RESPOND.
  • Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of encouragement. The road has been easier than I imagined. I didn't over do it and I kept everything healthy. I do workout 4-6 times a week that includes both weight lifting and cardio and I eat 1600 cals a day. I found for me being 5'10" that MFP's numbers were really low and I kept hitting plateaus even if I ate back all my exercise cals. So I upped it to 1600 and found that magic number that worked for me. Find a number that works for you! Don't feel like you have to stick to MFP numbers because sometimes they may not be what is best for your body. Oh, and learn to listen to your body. This was huge for me! I am glad I can encourage others in their journey for weight loss! Keep working at it you will get there. I still have a long way to go and I am not giving up. Take pics and measure along with your weight. It helps you to see what the scale doesn't show.
  • sandkrain
    sandkrain Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS --looking great. Thank you for your post -- so motivating!!!
  • Gina91507
    Gina91507 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress!!!
  • jlancaster84
    jlancaster84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really think you have done an amazing job on your weight loss journey! Keep at it!!

And as far as the comments I'm reading on here, it's funny that I had to go back and reread your post to even see the "religious" portion....if all you can focus on in this post is the bible study and not well earned results, then move on and don't bother posting your thoughts...just...sayin'!
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your progress!

You should probably edit out the religious stuff, though. Keep that in private groups, because a lot of us don't believe in your imaginary friend, and it's considered a 'divisive' topic.

I'm an atheist myself but atheists generally don't preach. What makes life viable is the ability to chose your own beliefs. It crosses the line when you tell someone else how to live there's and the advice is unsolicited. Awesome weight loss!

She mentions "bible study" specifically. Any reasonable person who actually studied the Bible would find it offensive. I am not preaching or telling her how to live her life. I just asked her to remove offensive subject matter from her post so we could focus on the positive aspects of her post- she has done a wonderful job of losing weight.

She is not being offensive! YOU ARE!!! Why can't you just congrats her on her wonderful loss and leave it at that?
  • figureformin
    figureformin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Only 3.5 months?!! Well done! I applaud your dedication and your life choices. It takes a lot to be a committed wife and mom while incorporating health and fitness into your everyday life. Let 'em talk, to God be the glory! They can't change that.:laugh:
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou:

Firstly, congrats on your progress. I'm going on holiday to the Greek Islands in three months and have just come back to mfp after a break in order to get a more 'beach ready' bod:laugh: . It is VERY inspiring and motivating to see what can be achieved in three months as your 'before' pics look like me now :)

Secondly, like others on here, I am also a non-believer but can't understand how someone has objected to your description of your activities. When I saw the reply I honestly had to look back at your opening post to see what on earth the person was objecting to! And I still couldn't see it! I thought you must have editied something out, but clearly you didn't. I think there is nothing wrong with saying you study the bible (indeed I think most atheists should have studied it to some degree in order to decide it's not for them!) I've seen far more 'in your face' religious stuff on here.
  • Gkirilova
    Gkirilova Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! It is really an encouragement to me and I'm sure many others. Keep it up!
  • Gkirilova
    Gkirilova Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well said figureformin !
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations! Thanks for posting -- you've really inspired me.
  • Elif84
    Elif84 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job on your progress. I agree, "not having enough time" is an excuse. WTG!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!