Excuse me... there's a rock in my food.

Options

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, pre-teens my sister found a green caterpillar in her salad - grossed her out for a while!
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :noway: I'm never buying anything again. lol

LOL LOL LOL - i was thinking the same thing!
    :laugh:
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you're welcome!! lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    A dental crown in packaged caramel. Not mine, a man's tooth by the size. I was so disgusted....didn't find it before eating the caramel. Ugh. I'd rather have a caterpillar in my steamed broccoli,as happened before ( organic farm, no pesticides)...... at least I knew it had come from my garden.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid my mom found maggots in a box of jiff pie crust mix. ugh!

Does anyone else remember when we were kids and there was something called Crystal Pepsi (clear pepsi that tasted delish)? Well there was a scare about people finding syringes in them. Didn't happen to us, but man was that good stuff - not sure why it went away...maybe we were the only kids drinking it...

And apparently a certain amount of bug/rat/other debris is permitted in food :sick:

I thought I was the only person who like Crystal Pepsi!!!
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have found hair in my sealed container of Smucker's Jelly! I also found bug larvae in Barilla Spaghetti and in CVS brand pistachios. This afternoon there was a bug crawling on my already washed strawberries. I ate them anyway lol
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    meh grossest experience ever.. i went to this new restaurant that just opened and ordered a veggie wrap.. after a few bites, i bit into something VERY HARD like i'm so shocked my tooth didn't break. it was a chicken wing?!?! no chicken on it... just the bone.. in a VEGETABLE wrap.. how?! why?!

that restaurant only stayed open for about 2 months. i guess that i wasn't the only one who had a bad experience.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I bit into a blueberry muffin and crunched right into a big ol' fly that was baked right into it.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Ordered a salad at a restaurant and found a live 1 inch green triangular looking bug. The manager profusely apologized and comped my meal. I still went back because they generally had good service and good food. It was definitely an isolated incident and I figured that I was pre-disastered - the probability of that happening twice would be very low (I hope).
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I also have stories of LACK of food. One time my mom got a cheeseburger at McDonald's. There was lettuce cheese, everything a normal burger would have. But no meat.

Had the same thing happen at Wendy's. When she went up to the counter to complain, some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha

That happened to me!!
    I went to McDonalds and ordered 2 cheeseburgers. I got 2 buns with cheese and NOTHING ELSe!!! There was just a slice of cheese in it!! :laugh: :laugh:

I used to work at McDonald's and that happened all the time lol.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I won a gift certificate to White Spot when I was kid so I took my older brother for lunch. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich. The sandwich arrived and I took a big bite. Immediately I knew something was wrong. The geniuses in the kitchen forget to remove the plastic from the processed cheese slices.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I remember driving home from work once and I stopped and got a 5 piece nugget and small fries from Wendys....

Course it was dark so I wasn't looking AT the food but I grabbed a few fries and bit down and chipped my tooth... I pulled over and turned on the light and there was a freakin big industrial STAPLE in there....

:noway:
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    One time when I was a kid, I was eating some crisps and found one that was off, mouldy and very stale :sick: my dad (bless him) wrote to Walkers and we got about 1p and 2p vouchers that came to £1 altogether. Yay! Needless to say that did put me off crisps for a long time
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine once found a dead mouse in one of his beers when he opened it fresh from the case. It must have found its way in there and drowned in the factory before the bottles were closed.

Was it .. Elsinore beer?

Hey we found a dead mouse in our beer eh. That means you owe us a free case.

Yeah. OK, well, uh, we found, uh, this mouse in a bottle of YOUR BEER, eh. Like, we was at a party and, uh, a friend of ours - a COP - had some, and HE PUKED. And he said, uh, come here and get free beer or, uh, he'll press charges.

Haha! I think you have to be of a certain age and or Canadian to get your joke. KoooooRookookoo KooRookookoo!!
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    One time I had chicken fingers at Chili's and there was a dead fly in my food. I didn't complain though, I just stopped eating there!

I also have stories of LACK of food. One time my mom got a cheeseburger at McDonald's. There was lettuce cheese, everything a normal burger would have. But no meat.

Had the same thing happen at Wendy's. When she went up to the counter to complain, some random guy started yelling "WHERE'S THE BEEF?" Haha

Opposit thing happened to me at McDonals - ordered a plain hamburger and didn't notice it had 4 patties before I bit into it - NASTY
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, somehow, my mom cooked spinach that was from a bag and we started eating it and it was full of bees and hair. I'm still confused.

I read the whole thread and this is still the winner for me...it's just so funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I got a lifesaver full of metal shards once, they sent a huge box of freebies and coupons.
  • finallydetermined
    finallydetermined Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.
    PRICELESS!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    there was a big story in my town about a little girl eating at subway and the parents noticed her crying and her mouth bleeding, turns out there was glass in her sandwich.

OMFG.......
    I would have sued Subway so much that they couldn't afford those damn weight loss commercials.
    If she had swallowed glass, that could have TORE UP her insides!! :noway:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    A friend and I went out to a nice restaurant for dinner (we snuck away from home, lol). Neither of us usually orders dessert, but we decided to split the tiramisu. We said we would each have "just a taste". Yeah right. The first bite was so good I decided I wanted a second bite. When I put it in my mouth I immediately knew something was not right. I put my fingers up to my mouth and pulled out a ring with a big honkin' diamond in the center. I discreetly got the waiters attention and showed him the ring. His eyes got as big as saucers and he said he would take care of it, then he took the ring away. He brought us another dessert and coffee, and told us there would be no charge for our dinner. Less than 10 minutes later a man at a table nearby proposed to his girlfriend with a ring hidden in her dessert. Yup. The waiter was in on it, and our guess was that he had accidentally mixed up the desserts. I don't think the guy proposing ever had any idea what had happened.
    PRICELESS!

AWESOME STORY!!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    PRICELESS!

AWESOME STORY!!!

thank god for the groom that you are honest.