Nerds Unite!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
In talking with Ali, it seems many among us are closet (Or maybe not so much), nerds!! So I say, dig out your pocket protectors, unravel the tape for your glasses and hike up your suspenders......

As in our inner dorkiness the other day, what makes you a nerd??

I love documentaries and tv shows about history. History Detectives is my show man!!! The coolest thing!! Alas, I fell asleep half-way through it last night!! SIGH!(all that fresh air earlier in the day did me in!) But, good thing is I am nerd enough to know it repeats today at 6 so I can find out if that Short Snorter was real!!

I could sit in a bookstore with a big pile of books on history and a latte and be there for HOURS! (One of my fav things to do at Barnes and Noble before I got married and had a child!!! :laugh: )

Oh, and apparantly, I actually use the word "alas" :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    In talking with Ali, it seems many among us are closet (Or maybe not so much), nerds!! So I say, dig out your pocket protectors, unravel the tape for your glasses and hike up your suspenders......

I love documentaries and tv shows about history. History Detectives is my show man!!! The coolest thing!! Alas, I fell asleep half-way through it last night!! SIGH!(all that fresh air earlier in the day did me in!) But, good thing is I am nerd enough to know it repeats today at 6 so I can find out if that Short Snorter was real!!

I could sit in a bookstore with a big pile of books on history and a latte and be there for HOURS! (One of my fav things to do at Barnes and Noble before I got married and had a child!!! :laugh: )

Oh, and apparantly, I actually use the word "alas" :laugh: :laugh:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options

Ewww, nerds gross me out. :sick:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Guess I better not come visit you guys then!! :indifferent:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Spelling Bee City Champ, 1998!!! (Took 3rd at regionals, I won a dictionary and 50 big ones!!)

lol...

ummm... I wore a giant minnie mouse t-shirt to compete in.. cause I's gangsta and that's how I rolls...
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

Guess I better not come visit you guys then!! :indifferent:

pffft... don't worry, I'm nerd enough for the both of us... lol
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    *hides in the role playing game section of the book store while Tami reads her history book* '

*thinks to self* Ok, now I have my new dungeons and dragons books, how can I make it to the ancient history section without Tam seeing me....'
  • TamTastic
    Options
    *hides in the role playing game section of the book store while Tami reads her history book* '

*thinks to self* Ok, now I have my new dungeons and dragons books, how can I make it to the ancient history section without Tam seeing me....'

Mmmhmmm, thought so!!! (My name is Kettle and this is my bro Pot)
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Mmmhmmm, thought so!!! (My name is Kettle and this is my bro Pot)

:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hmm, guess we are the only nerds here. Or at least the only nerds willing to admit it!! :laugh: :laugh:

I want a laptop! My hubby is always downloading weird stuff and bogging our puter down!! (Not, not THAT kind of stuff, he likes to try and get "free feeds" to sporting events, etc SIGH!)..I want my own machine dag nabit!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Hmm, guess we are the only nerds here. Or at least the only nerds willing to admit it!! :laugh: :laugh:

I want a laptop! My hubby is always downloading weird stuff and bogging our puter down!! (Not, not THAT kind of stuff, he likes to try and get "free feeds" to sporting events, etc SIGH!)..I want my own machine dag nabit!

It's probably all the photoshopped pictures of you and Ty together that you have cluttering up your PC.....
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Ummm...I'm a nerd because I love Harry Potter...lol and I love learning new things on the computer. Uh, I like to read, I like The twilight zone...not sure what else makes me "nerdy" lol

o I thought of more..lol
    I play clarinet and played in a special honors band concert in high school, I was in "GT" (gifted and talented) classes in school as well...I got a scholarship to John Hopkins University for a summer back in high school b/c my SAT scores were so high :bigsmile: ok..done gloating about my brilliant nerdiness!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Ummm...I'm a nerd because I love Harry Potter...lol and I love learning new things on the computer. Uh, I like to read, I like The twilight zone...not sure what else makes me "nerdy" lol

o I thought of more..lol
    I play clarinet and played in a special honors band concert in high school, I was in "GT" (gifted and talented) classes in school as well...I got a scholarship to John Hopkins University for a summer back in high school b/c my SAT scores were so high :bigsmile: ok..done gloating about my brilliant nerdiness!

I love Harry Potter too! hahaha
  • TamTastic
    Options

It's probably all the photoshopped pictures of you and Ty together that you have cluttering up your PC.....

Don't make me come down there!!!
  • bboy1
    bboy1 Posts: 10
    Options
    Every time I get a new phone (of course it has PDA functionality) I hack into it and do coding modifications to add more memory, speed up the processor, adjust the volume settings, add games, etc.

BEAT THAT :noway:
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    HEHEHEEH! My husband and I own a game server provider company..... want to talk about secret? I play World of War Craft. I am a nerd at heart who would have known
  • mwildmann
    mwildmann Posts: 6
    Options
    Have you seen White and Nerdy on YouTube with Donnie Osmond?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I can:

recite dialog from the first (or technically middle) three Star Wars films from memory, as well as nearly ALL of every Monty Python sketch ever filmed, and every episode of Black Adder ever made. I also used to run (run!) home from the bus stop as a young girl to make sure I could watch re-runs of Star Trek.

I study for a living.

um. . .I wear glasses. . .

and oh, yeah. . .I'm talking to people on the internets. . .:tongue:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I can:

recite dialog from the first (or technically middle) three Star Wars films from memory, as well as nearly ALL of every Monty Python sketch ever filmed, and every episode of Black Adder ever made. I also used to run (run!) home from the bus stop as a young girl to make sure I could watch re-runs of Star Trek.

I study for a living.

:laugh: :laugh: I do some of that too! Especially the Star Wars dialog!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    I can:

I study for a living.

:laugh: :laugh: I do some of that too! Especially the Star Wars dialog!!

Yep, add me to the list of Star Wars and Python quoters.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hubby and I have over 1000 DVD's, all in alphabetical order and numbered. We have a spreadsheet on our pc's with our entire movie list also with the numbers. When we wanna watch something instead of searching thru 1000+ movies we can just pull up our file. Our video games are also done this way :embarassed:

I have never seen star wars or monty python , guess that alone makes me a nerd around here lol