pizza, fries, burgers

Options
I want fatty food and I want it now.. but then I think how in 5 days I've lost 5 lbs and 5" and I dread putting it back on.. I also know if I can't have stuff I want I will fail... pms Sucks why does it make you crazy...

Replies

• themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Want pizza? So have a toasted whole wheat or multigrain flatbread pizza with a pesto base, and an abudance of veggies. Add a sprinkle of low fat cheese on top and enjoy!

Want a burger and fries? Grill up a portobella mushroom cap or your own black bean patty and build your burger on a whole wheat bun with whatever veggies you'd like. Make some baked sweet potato fries with a chipotle-honey sauce to have on the side. Go all-out and even treat yourself to a tasty high-protein milkshake using almond milk, ice, 1 banana, and 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder.

You don't have to deprive yourself of the things you enjoy, just come up with healthy alternatives - that way you can satisfy your craving without guilt-tripping yourself!
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you put enough tomato sauce on the base you don't need cheese on a pizza at all
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you put enough tomato sauce on the base you don't need cheese on a pizza at all

That's one idea, or you could try making one with very, very light cheese on it. You'd be surprised how little cheese it takes to get that flavor. Also, a lot of sandwich wraps and tortillas will work as a very thin crust for a home-made pizza.

But yeah, enjoy the things you love! Just keep it within your calories as much as possible.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    You can eat all of those items and achieve your weight loss goals. Anyone who looked at my diary last fall certainly knows that I did. I ate those foods almost every day while losing weight. If you want to consume more calories, exercise more to compensate!

Just fit them into your macros and you will lose weight over time based on your deficit to TDEE. If you go over on calories one day, just make up for it on another so you remain on target each week.
  • Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Want pizza? So have a toasted whole wheat or multigrain flatbread pizza with a pesto base, and an abudance of veggies. Add a sprinkle of low fat cheese on top and enjoy!

Want a burger and fries? Grill up a portobella mushroom cap or your own black bean patty and build your burger on a whole wheat bun with whatever veggies you'd like. Make some baked sweet potato fries with a chipotle-honey sauce to have on the side. Go all-out and even treat yourself to a tasty high-protein milkshake using almond milk, ice, 1 banana, and 1 scoop of chocolate or vanilla protein powder.

You don't have to deprive yourself of the things you enjoy, just come up with healthy alternatives - that way you can satisfy your craving without guilt-tripping yourself!
    This
  • themutineer
    themutineer Posts: 117 Member
    Options

That's one idea, or you could try making one with very, very light cheese on it. You'd be surprised how little cheese it takes to get that flavor. Also, a lot of sandwich wraps and tortillas will work as a very thin crust for a home-made pizza.

But yeah, enjoy the things you love! Just keep it within your calories as much as possible.

I opt-out of cheese on pizzas and sprinkle nutritional yeast on top instead!
    But I know how much some people love cheese on pizza :) I know I miss it sometimes!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Yes please
  • GODfidence
    GODfidence Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    When people crave pizzas I doubt eating flat bread with tomato sauce is going to fill that craving.
    Neither will a black bean burger? Gross. Got to McDonalds and get a quarter
    Pounder with cheese, order pizza sliders from pizza hut and replace the buns with
    The sliders. PIZZA BURGER,TWO FER!
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I make pizza using a flat-out wrap. Bake for about 10 minutes to crisp it up, then add sauce, and toppings. I do onion, mushrooms and peppers and lot-fat cheese. For less than 300 calories I have a filling pizza.

Nothing wrong with burgers either. Lean beef on a sandwich thin (you know those flat buns) with sauteed mushrooms and onions (or whatever you like) and your under 400 calories.

As other have said bake some fries. Sweet potato fries are awesome. Just cut them, toss lightly in oil and top with garlic and chili powder and bake. Yum!!!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    When people crave pizzas I doubt eating flat bread with tomato sauce is going to fill that craving.
    Pounder with cheese, order pizza sliders from pizza hut and replace the buns with

You just discovered the holy grail!

2z6azhk.jpg
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

You just discovered the holy grail!

2z6azhk.jpg

And there was much rejoicing. Yea . . .
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options

Holy crap... this all sounds soooooo good!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

You have motivated me to eat a double cheeseburger with fries tonight and an entire large pepperoni pizza tomorrow!

I wish people would realize that these foods are just fine to eat while on a deficit. Give into your cravings once in a while! It wont hurt so long as you track all your calories and adhere to your calorie and macro targets.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    you lost 5" in 5 days? how?
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

These sound great ! Bump :)
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    damn 5 lbs in 5 days....hmmm....
    one meal won't make you gain 5 lbs of real weight
    i like to use a low carb tortilla with pizza toppings and make a "pizzadilla"
    you can have a burger and fries still, cook lean burger meat on the george forman, skip the mayo but put like mustard and reduced fat cheese on whole grain bun maybe make your own potato wedges?
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    eat a small portion... like one normal serving. then go for a walk or drink iced water with lemon... never make yourself go into a binge. you can eat a normal serving and not gain weight. it's when you go over board that the weight comes back.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have one piece of pizza within your calories. Then tomorrow have a light lunch and go get a happy meal for dinner or something.
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I gave up NOTHING. Just ate smaller quantities of the 'bad stuff' and ate it less frequently.
    A couple of donuts a week won't hurt anything as long as you make up for it later -- like only a salad for dinner.
    Pizza, burgers, and fries are OK as long as you don't eat the whole pizza yourself or have a triple cheeseburger with bacon and chili-cheese fries every night.
    As others have testified -- don't deprive yourself, just have a smaller portion. If you completely eliminate the calorie-dense foods, you're more likely to finally give in, and consume waaaaaaaaaaaay too much of it.
  • SCtolulu
    SCtolulu Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Pick one and eat half.