trying to loss weight for my wedding in 10 weeks time

Options
Hi all,

I'm getting married in 10 weeks time and only joined this site 2 weeks ago. So far I have lost 7ib so I think it is brilliant. I would like to loss another 22ib in the next 9 weeks before the wedding.

Has anyone out there already achieved this or more weight loss in that time as I would like to know if it is possible for me to achieve?

Replies

• monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm sure it is possible :)
    I lost quite a bit of weight before my wedding too.. I gained mine back though :(
    Mine was in a very unhealthy way. You look like you are doing it right. Great job :)
    Congrats on the engagement and good luck with the rest of your wedding planning!
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Eat more fruits and veggies and less fatty foods :) NO FAST FOOD! :) Hope that helps! Congrats! :)
  • EyeDoc98
    EyeDoc98 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi:

If you wish to lose all that weight, you must try to avoid rice and too much carbohydrates. I did not say "eliminate", I said, avoid too much of it. Try salads with turkey or chicken or fish and avoid dressings that are high on fat. Do not use any kind of weight loss pill, they can help you but you are gonna gain the weight back, I had that experience once. Exercise is very important too, try walking at least half an hour, or jogging, spinning is great too.

Good luck, and I hope you have a blast in your weding.
  • bacallmarie
    Options
    I'm getting married in 11 wks = ) So I know how you feel! I had overall 25lbs that I wanted to lose and I have lost 16 so far. MFP has really helped me and if you really stick to it will work for you too! I would say your best bet, because losing 2.4 lbs a week in a little bit hard make sure you stick to 1200 calories a day, net (after your exercise calories are taken out) because you don't want to go into starvation mode. I accidently went into starvation mode a couple of months ago when I didn't realize you needed to add more calories to stay above the 1200 calorie line after exercising. It really sucked because I was working so hard and body lost absolutely no weight or inches. Another good tip is weight loss is 80% the food you eat and 20% exercise. Good luck and congrats on the engagement!
  • kweet
    kweet Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm also getting married in 11 weeks. how exciting! if there's anything I can do to help, let me know!
  • codygr86
    codygr86 Posts: 2
    Options
    Diet, exercise and WATER, WATER, WATER! No sodas...even Crystal Light is no good! WATER, WATER, WATER!!! You can lose 20 pounds of water weight easy!!!
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    the post are right....it will just take much much much dedication, to the right food, WATER, and exercise. BEST of luck!!!
  • scaban
    scaban Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm getting married in 10 weeks...And we're going to Jamaica. Having a panic attack about swimwear. Especially since I had a baby 5 months ago. Luckily most of the baby weight came off very quickly (shocking since it was my second child). Now it's the last 10 lbs. that I'm struggling with. Oh, and toning all that flab. I just joined this site since I needed help tracking my nutrition and exercise. So far it seems like a fabulous help! I love it!

My suggestion for losing the weight is making sure you get your rainbow a day...Fruits and vegetables with all different colors. Also, nothing fried, buttery or creamy. And LOTS of water! Trust me, it really helps. If you can stay away from too much sodium I would try that too. Salt will make you bloat. Just sayin'.
  • Racing_hotty
    Options
    I am getting married in 9 weeks, and I would like to loose a good 10-15 lbs, before the wedding, although I am afraid that if i loose too much right before the wedding I will not have enough time to get my dressed altered... I would stick to the salads and lots of cardio, i would try to break it up through out the day if you can, so it does not get to boring.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in 9 weeks, and I would like to loose a good 10-15 lbs, before the wedding, although I am afraid that if i loose too much right before the wedding I will not have enough time to get my dressed altered... I would stick to the salads and lots of cardio, i would try to break it up through out the day if you can, so it does not get to boring.

I am in the same boat. Already have my dress in and it fits fine. Although I could still lose 5-10 and it would fit. So I am sticking with cardio, water, fruits and veggies! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • cstrain
    cstrain Posts: 2
    Options
    thanks for all the great advice. It seems a lot of people are getting married around same time as me so nice to know there are others out there also trying to loss weight for same thing. I am sticking to my 1200 calories per day and trying to get exercise in also with a busy work schedule. So far I have 10ib off and would like to get another 20ib off (or as near to it as possible) in the next 9 weeks. I am trying to stay away from pasta etc and am bringing 2 litres of water to work with me each day which I set on my desk to remind me to drink it. I am loving this diet because I can track it on my iPhone and know when to stop eating once the calories touch 1200.