What do you like on your bagel!?

Options
EpicMeyri
EpicMeyri Posts: 109 Member
Good Evening everyone!
I LOVE BAGELS! Unfortunately my school cafe does not have bagel thins and they have the regular cream cheese. I want a bagel tomorrow but I don't want to add cream cheese b/c I OD on it. So any suggestions? I am willing to try anything new! :) Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    This is what I put on my Kashi multi-grain waffle today:
    Polaner - All Fruit With Fiber Blueberry
  • reptilequeenrachel
    Options
    Try neufchatenal cheese (I butchered spelling that). It tastes the same, less calories.
  • srs88
    srs88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    cookie butter
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Melted cheddar.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Can you get a individual tub of cream cheese and just one at that?

It's just not a bagel to me unless it has cream cheese on it.. lol
  • apothecarist
    Options
    A little peanut butter and/or mash up some banana and spread it on. Or put a poached egg on it.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers Onion and Chives cream cheese.

Laughing Cow spreadable cheeses

PB2 regular or chocolate flavor

Bordens 2% american cheese 1 slice melted

I use this on bagel thins. Keep bags of then frozen in our freezer at work and substitute then for the regular ones my firm brings in on Fridays....
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I put hummus on mine. Tasty.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    veggie or scallion cream cheese, mmmm

I like 'em with butter too :) As a teen we'd make a potato chip sandwich.
  • TVsalzgrl
    Options
    I put light veg. cream cheese (Kraft Phillie) and then slice up about an eighth of a cucumber. Delish! Just don't OD, get a spoon out and tell yourself I can have one spoonful (1 Tablespoon) and just spread it thin. Self control is hard, but force yourself. If you don't have a little of what you like, you won't stick to it because you'll be depriving yourself of what you like. Just do moderation.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese, fish (lox), and jam. Yum! If no cream cheese, then sub out butter and then add the lox and jam.
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    A little peanut butter and/or mash up some banana and spread it on. Or put a poached egg on it.

mhm the egg sounds good. can it be a boiled egg?
  • tiffeaddington
    Options
    I love cream cheese and smoked salmon on bagels but if cream cheese is a no no then I love putting peanut butter on sweeter bagels or hummus on a cheese bagel/herb bagel.

What about plain or flavored Greek yogurt since it is thicker than regular yogurt?
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    I put light veg. cream cheese (Kraft Phillie) and then slice up about an eighth of a cucumber. Delish! Just don't OD, get a spoon out and tell yourself I can have one spoonful (1 Tablespoon) and just spread it thin. Self control is hard, but force yourself. If you don't have a little of what you like, you won't stick to it because you'll be depriving yourself of what you like. Just do moderation.

That is true, I have to have some type of self control.. :)
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    cream cheese and lox, or cream cheese and bacon
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    I love cream cheese and smoked salmon on bagels but if cream cheese is a no no then I love putting peanut butter on sweeter bagels or hummus on a cheese bagel/herb bagel.

What about plain or flavored Greek yogurt since it is thicker than regular yogurt?

How does it taste with the yogurt??
  • EpicMeyri
    Options
    cream cheese and lox, or cream cheese and bacon

OMG I LOVE BACON!!!!!!!! lol
  • tiffeaddington
    Options
    Depends on the bagel flavor. Plain greek yogurt is very sour cream-ish so a little goes a long way on savory bagels. I haven't tried flavored ones on a bagel yet though.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese, fish (lox), and jam. Yum! If no cream cheese, then sub out butter and then add the lox and jam.

yumm i do the cream cheese and lox mon an onion bagel
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    FIFTY DOLLAR BILLS!!

OK, really - cream cheese & lox.