SWEET CRAVINGS!!!

Options
ATJune
ATJune Posts: 89 Member
OMG... I am finding it too hard to keep away from sweets and chocolates... I behave all through the week and then during the weekend I give in and have some ice cream or a piece of chocolate for dessert. Once a week I think its ok.. but sometimes... like today I am dying to have a piece of candy .. so far I have not given into temptation! :)

There has to be something that I can have when I have these sweet cravings right?I have the jello- sugar free puddings sometimes.. But do you guys have any other suggestions (besides fruits :D) that should do the trick?:)

Replies

• Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I need my candy input as well. And to be honest, I give in, when I really crave for that stuff. I don't eat a whole bar of chocolate, just a bit. And I try to enjoy it. This way I can have my sweets and still do something good for myself without refusing myself the little things.
    Sometimes a frozen joghurt works for me. Sometimes I can't stop eating sweets, but even then I try to add my other food for the day around it, so I still can stay under my calorie limit.
  • terrijayne
    terrijayne Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i tottally sympathise with u! although not got a sweet tooth im finding it hard to cope with my pastry/ bread cravings!! sometimes its so hard to stay focused on ur goals especially when im staring right now at a massive loaf of warm bread and debating filling it full of bacon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I was going to post about a success I had today...here's the perfect place to do it. I walked into the breakroom at work and there was a platter full of cookies. I wanted one sooo bad. I thought maybe I'd just eat half of one, just to get the taste. I decided to wait a while, go heat up my lunch, and see if I could resist. I opened my lunch and had totally forgot I packed some Quaker Mini Rice Cakes in the Caramel Corn flavor. Crisis averted! I ate a few of those and it cured my sweet tooth. They are SO good and pretty sweet. This might be my go-to for sweet cravings. I think they also have chocolate flavored ones.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Try keeping some sugarless gum handy and pop that in your mouth instead.
  • jlanphear78
    jlanphear78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I allow myself 10 Pretzel or Peanut M&M's a day. That's not a ton of calories and let's me take care of my sweet cravings. It does take some self-control though. :happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I keep a bag of Kroger brand Semi-Sweet REAL chocolate chips in the freezer at work. 1 tbsp is about 80 calories but the fat almost always makes me go over so when I get a sweet craving...instead of diving into the vending machine, I just eat 5 or 6 chocolate chips and I'm done. Or if I have extra calories, I'll eat the tbsp with my popcorn. YUM! :happy: I hardly ever eat sweets, unless it's the weekend and I crave fro-yo or something else and I eat it.
  • baggins706
    baggins706 Posts: 310
    Options
    BEST Low Calorie SNACKS 115-125 Calories

1. 11 M&M Pretzel Chocolate Candies
    2. 1 pkg. Q.bel Dark Chocolate Wafer Rolls
    3. 1 Deep Chocolate VitaTop VitaMuffin + ¼ cup raspberries
    4. 1 Van’s Natural Food Lite Totally Natural Waffle + 1 ½ tsp. Nutella
    5. 2 scoops Ciao Bella Orange Sorbet
    6. 14 Quaker True Delights Multigrain Fiber Crisps Wild Blueberry
    7. 1 Breyers Smooth & Dreamy Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bar
    8. 1 pack Kellogg’s Special K Fruit Crisps + Iced chai tea + ¼ cup fat-free milk
    9. ½ cup Edy’s/Dreyer’s Slow Churned Yogurt Blends In Tart Mango + ¼ cup blackberries
    10. 4 oz. light yogurt + ½ cup Nature’s Path Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise cereal
    11. 1 Breyers Inspirations Natural Vanilla Bean Low fat Yogurt + 1 Mini Nilla Wafer
    12. 1 Jell-O Caramel Crème Mousses Temptations + ½ large apple, sliced for dipping
    13. 1 pkg. Nabisco 100 Cal Fudge + 1 cup iced coffee with ¼ cup fat-free milk
    14. 1 Kashi TLC Fruit & Grain Bar in Dark Chocolate Coconut
    15. 1 pkg. Peeled Snacks Much-Ado-About-Mango
    16. ½ cup Yogi Granola Crisps (Fresh Strawberry Crunch or Baked Cinnamon Raisin)
    17. 10 Barbara’s Snackimals Chocolate Chip Animal Cookies
    18. 15 Shale Snacks Cranberry Pecan Biscotti Crisps
    19. One 100 Calorie Pack Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds + 1 Tbsp. Ocean Spray Craisins
    20. 1 Kozy Shack Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding + 3 raspberries and 3 strawberries
    21. 7 Nabisco Nilla Wafers
    22. 1 Starbucks Grande Iced Caffé Latte with Soy Milk
    23. 42 Pepperidge Farm Vanilla Grahams Goldfish
    24. One 1-oz. pkg. Smartfood Cranberry Almond Popcorn Clusters
    25. ½ Cup Blue Bunny Caramel Praline Crunch All-Natural Frozen Yogurt
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. I save room in my calories every couple of days for one individual dark chocolate (50 calories) or a skinny cow or weight watchers strawberry or chocolate fudge bar (60 to 120 calories). I also freeze cut fruit with a little agave nectar. Takes a while to eat the frozen fruit. I need to have some treats to stay on this plan! Otherwise I couldn't stay on it.
    Good luck and hang in there.
  • smurp03
    smurp03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have an ALDI's near you or know what I am talking about, but it is a food store that is pretty cheap. They have fit and active brand things, which is really nice. They have ice cream and cookies and things that really cure a sweet tooth that are low cal. Also, they have meal bars which are very good and chocolatey. Sometime I don't even want to eat them for breakfast, because I want them as a sweet snack. The one bar tastes like a snickers. And that one is only 90 calories,
  • ATJune
    Options
    BEST Low Calorie SNACKS 115-125 Calories

1. 11 M&M Pretzel Chocolate Candies
    2. 1 pkg. Q.bel Dark Chocolate Wafer Rolls
    3. 1 Deep Chocolate VitaTop VitaMuffin + ¼ cup raspberries
    4. 1 Van’s Natural Food Lite Totally Natural Waffle + 1 ½ tsp. Nutella
    5. 2 scoops Ciao Bella Orange Sorbet
    6. 14 Quaker True Delights Multigrain Fiber Crisps Wild Blueberry
    7. 1 Breyers Smooth & Dreamy Chocolate Covered Strawberry Bar
    8. 1 pack Kellogg’s Special K Fruit Crisps + Iced chai tea + ¼ cup fat-free milk
    9. ½ cup Edy’s/Dreyer’s Slow Churned Yogurt Blends In Tart Mango + ¼ cup blackberries
    10. 4 oz. light yogurt + ½ cup Nature’s Path Crunchy Vanilla Sunrise cereal
    11. 1 Breyers Inspirations Natural Vanilla Bean Low fat Yogurt + 1 Mini Nilla Wafer
    12. 1 Jell-O Caramel Crème Mousses Temptations + ½ large apple, sliced for dipping
    13. 1 pkg. Nabisco 100 Cal Fudge + 1 cup iced coffee with ¼ cup fat-free milk
    14. 1 Kashi TLC Fruit & Grain Bar in Dark Chocolate Coconut
    15. 1 pkg. Peeled Snacks Much-Ado-About-Mango
    16. ½ cup Yogi Granola Crisps (Fresh Strawberry Crunch or Baked Cinnamon Raisin)
    17. 10 Barbara’s Snackimals Chocolate Chip Animal Cookies
    18. 15 Shale Snacks Cranberry Pecan Biscotti Crisps
    19. One 100 Calorie Pack Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds + 1 Tbsp. Ocean Spray Craisins
    20. 1 Kozy Shack Chocolate Hazelnut Pudding + 3 raspberries and 3 strawberries
    21. 7 Nabisco Nilla Wafers
    22. 1 Starbucks Grande Iced Caffé Latte with Soy Milk
    23. 42 Pepperidge Farm Vanilla Grahams Goldfish
    24. One 1-oz. pkg. Smartfood Cranberry Almond Popcorn Clusters
    25. ½ Cup Blue Bunny Caramel Praline Crunch All-Natural Frozen Yogurt

Thank you!!!!:D
  • ATJune
    Options
    Thank you guys for sharing and givin me ideas:) I am actually gonna print these ideas and keep em for the craving days:)
  • ATJune
    Options
    I was going to post about a success I had today...here's the perfect place to do it. I walked into the breakroom at work and there was a platter full of cookies. I wanted one sooo bad. I thought maybe I'd just eat half of one, just to get the taste. I decided to wait a while, go heat up my lunch, and see if I could resist. I opened my lunch and had totally forgot I packed some Quaker Mini Rice Cakes in the Caramel Corn flavor. Crisis averted! I ate a few of those and it cured my sweet tooth. They are SO good and pretty sweet. This might be my go-to for sweet cravings. I think they also have chocolate flavored ones.
    WTG !!! So far I have not given in:D Lets hope I stick to it:D
  • ATJune
    Options
    I'm not sure if you have an ALDI's near you or know what I am talking about, but it is a food store that is pretty cheap. They have fit and active brand things, which is really nice. They have ice cream and cookies and things that really cure a sweet tooth that are low cal. Also, they have meal bars which are very good and chocolatey. Sometime I don't even want to eat them for breakfast, because I want them as a sweet snack. The one bar tastes like a snickers. And that one is only 90 calories,

Its super far from my place:( but thanks!