Options
    in for shizz & giggles
  • TaminaShock
    TaminaShock Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!
  • flint1545
    Options
    Beer has been shown to be a more effective post-workout hydrator than energy drinks. I thought that was pretty funny. Gives us a good excuse to drink beer.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/10/scientists-suggest-beer-after-workout/
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I like the No. 27s, myself.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym all the time... and I eat healthy 98% of the time... but I will admit, I smoke a cig on the way to the gym and one on my way home. I suck, I know... but I changed so much in my life in a short time, you can't take my smokes away from me too.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't judge. I used to smoke myself.

All I have to say is that you'll quit when you want to.
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I like the No. 27s, myself.

^^this. :) my cigarettes my treat at the end of my workout. Feels amazing. :D
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    CIGARETTES? WHY WOULD YOU SMOKE when you could just huff paint thinner? Fill up your water bottle and the fitness attendants at the gym wont know the difference when you're taking a whiff!!!!!
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    [shameful confession] At the start of my health journey, I stopped smoking and started eating clean. I managed to put on 16 or so pounds and ended up cracking and started smoking again. That, coupled with my reduced apitite and still eating clean, contributed to me losing 40lbs. I'm on a plateau at the moment, but I've stopped smoking again and started exercising. (I'm finding replacing smoking with excercise to be the way to go, mentally speaking. It does mean I do A LOT of exercise!!)

When I see people I've not seen for ages and they ask me how I lost the 40lbs I don't have the heart to say "Oh, you know, the smoking diet!! So I just say it's through clean eating... [/shameful confession]
  • Zereoue20
    Zereoue20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to put a little Hulk Hogan brand Steroid spread on my morning bagel. Makes dead lifting Volkswagens seem like a cakewalk.
  • minivegrunner
    Options
    I'm on a plateau at the moment, but I've stopped smoking again and started exercising.

Way to go! Every day that you say "no" to lighting up is a big victory!
    In all reality -- I was a pack-and-a-half-a-day-smoker for about 7 years, until a year ago when I finally quit! It's not easy to do, but every day it gets easier :)
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I do a couple lines of meth as pre workout then a handful of benzos post.

IIFYM....

LIKE A BOSS!!!
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    This is really not funny! I quit smoking Marlboros 21 years ago and there is not a single day that I don't want one.
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness has a smoking lounge. It's usually packed on pizza night.

I joined Planet Fitness and HATE and am very confused by pizza night! Why not offer something healthy. I understand moderation and am all about it myself. But I feel like it would be like going to a church that one Sunday a month had a stripper. Just doesn't make sense...lol

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Best comparison EVER! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    I like to put a little Hulk Hogan brand Steroid spread on my morning bagel. Makes dead lifting Volkswagens seem like a cakewalk.

"We have a Hulk."

tumblr_m3s89y9CXu1qgyi65o1_400.gif
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    had a buddy that would smoke Doral's while he was running. i'd call him an idiot, but he was a hell of a lot quicker than me with em.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    actually, just go smokeless. Copenhagen Snuff is proven to drop estrogen levels. only if you stomach it, instead of spit it though
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm on a plateau at the moment, but I've stopped smoking again and started exercising.

Way to go! Every day that you say "no" to lighting up is a big victory!
    In all reality -- I was a pack-and-a-half-a-day-smoker for about 7 years, until a year ago when I finally quit! It's not easy to do, but every day it gets easier :)

You're telling me! I'm finding that the biggest difficulty is mental, but working out seems to be re-wiring my brain for the better!
  • dfonte
    Options
    I still want a cigarette now and then too (especially when I'm enjoying the spring weather with a some old english) - it's been over 2 years since I quit.

You know..I have tried skoal and I honestly did enjoy it. I personally think it tastes good. The risk of becoming dependent on it is too high for me to do it though.
  • dfonte
    Options
    And advice to people quitting. You do need to rewire your brain. Change everything you do to get rid of the habit. I mean everything.

Brush your teeth before you shower if your normally do it in the shower or after.
    Park in a different place at work.
    Sit on a different side of the couch.

I know it sounds weird but you need to throw brain off.