Filling Food Diary ahead of time

Options

Replies

• MrsGriffin67
    MrsGriffin67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I like planning on what to eat so I log all my food in the morning. It also helps to see if I have a few extra calories to spare for a special treat or something. I really feel that it helps to keep me on track.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Monday - Friday, I typically have the same breakfast and lunch, so I will enter that in for the whole week.
    Also, my wife will typically plan out our family's dinners for the week, so I will enter that as well.

It gives me a nice snapshot of my calorie intake, so I have a gameplan of how hard I need to work.
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Good to know that I'm on the right track with this. It seems to be a good thing. I don't know if I'll be able to do a week at a time but I'm sure that is the best option.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I dont think its weird...i do it sometimes...it helps me stay on track....its not like you cant go back and change it if you change your mind lol I plan ahead all the time just so i know where i stand for dinner...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I do if I know what I'm having. Then I can figure out how to tweak it so I can have some dessert after dinner! :tongue:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time so I can tweek before hand and not eat anything that doesnt really fit in my macros. I plan a day or two ahead most times.
  • shinesunfish
    shinesunfish Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just started logging breakfast and lunch after eating them, and then pre-log dinner and snacks. I find that it keeps me accountable a bit better, and when I get to the "I'm sort of hungry, what should I eat?" phase, I've already written it down ahead of time. Good to see so many others who have had success doing the same!
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I do it fairly often. If I know what I'm going to eat for the rest of the day, why wait to fill it in? Plus, then I'll know ahead of time if I have enough left over for a drink later.
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    I actually fill it out the night before! It's probably the best thing I've done for myself because it lets me know when I can or cannot have extra food throughout the day. I just alter it a little at the end of the day if need be. It makes the day really easy because everything is already planned:smile:
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    A friend on WW told me one time " If you don't plan- plan to fail" It stuck with me. And she lost over 60 lbs and runs marathons now :) I think what you are doing is smart!
  • kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i do this every night! it's almost an obsession.
    :) totally great for planning things out, so yeah. keep it up!
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nope, not weird at all I usually plan my day the night before that way I know what I'll be eating and am never feeling deprived or hungry.
  • karenboy29687
    karenboy29687 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have to. I work 3-11, so I have to pack half a days worth of food, snacks and all. It keeps me away from the vending machines!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    filling mine out is my bedtime routine. I fill out most the day and leave some room for snack.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I do it ALL THE TIME...the night before or early in the morning...... I will modified if I add some workouts or little snacks etc but the main food is always entered so I can know what to eat etc... I never bustes my calories and mostly NOTHING in my macros in over 225 days now just because I plan like this so...Yes it works and it's good!
  • Popsicleannie
    Options
    Sounds like this might work for me. I find myself taking mental notes throughout the day. I open the frig when hungry and ask myself, "What is low in calories?" Sometime after I choose and eat a food; I will remember that I could have chosen a better food.
  • Ashshell
    Ashshell Posts: 185
    Options
    I plan ahead 95% of the time. The only time I don't is when I haven't had time to go to the grocery store (full-time job, 2.5 year old, ahhhh!). It helps me stay on track and I always know what I have going on the next day so I know what to plan for. I always make changes -- I may have an extra snack or I may not have a snack at all, but it helps to see what I'm allowed to do while staying on track. Without planning ahead, I wouldn't have been as successful as I have been so far. I suggest planning ahead to everyone who asks for advice.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I pre-track the night before for Monday-Friday. Weekends are a little looser, but I still pre-track before I eat something, even if it's while it's in my hand.
  • annatamar
    annatamar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day so I don't have to pre-plan those meals. I have started figuring out our dinners a week in advance to know what calories we are facing. :)

Fail to plan, plan to fail. :)
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time, and then if I deviate or change what I eat, I just go back and correct it. As a matter of fact, I filled it out up until Sunday! Then I will look at it again, throughout the day, to make sure I am eating the right amount of servings I indicated in my food diary.