Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken

Options

Replies

• questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe...it sounds deliscious! :flowerforyou:

I love peanut butter and spaghetti...can it be frozen? My boyfriend is away this weekend and I would love something simple to make for 1!

Thanks again :flowerforyou:

I haven't tried freezing it. It refrigerates fine. You might want to add a little liquid if reheating because the peanut sauce can get pretty thick when it cools. But I also like it cold (and sometimes I'm too lazy even to microwave something....).
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump.

trying this recipe soon
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    bump
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bump! Nice recipe... Will try it this weekend! :) thanks...
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    This sounds yum! I have been looking for new chicken meal ideas this week! Thanks for this! :)
    -x-x-
  • maestrachistosa
    maestrachistosa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princessorchid
    princessorchid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • gerandmer
    gerandmer Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you! I'm new to this site and looking forward to dropping some weight. Sweets are not a problem as I'm not a big fan of them. But pasta is another matter! This looks delicious! Thank you!
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Going to try this when I get some peanut butter,sounds lovely ,thing is I will want to eat the whole jar lol
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Joining this site not only has helped me lose weight, but to actually get off my butt and want to cook! Definitely going to try this one out, thanks!

btw, are the servings like a stand alone meal or would I need to make a side to go with it? It'd probably fill me on it's own anyway, but probably not the guys at my house, lol.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    btw, are the servings like a stand alone meal or would I need to make a side to go with it? It'd probably fill me on it's own anyway, but probably not the guys at my house, lol.

They were a meal-size portion for me, although I usually added more broccoli. They might have been a little on the small side for my boyfriend. A salad would be nice on the side or something to bring up the "bulk" quotient.

I've recently made this by substituting roasted potatoes for the pasta and baked tofu for the chicken. I think I cut down on the peanut butter too (2 Tbsp when I think I originally was using 3). It was tasty! Next time I'm going to shred the carrot instead of peeling it into strips and finely chop raw broccoli instead of steaming it, leave out the tofu and have a sort of "spicy peanut roasted potato salad". A little twist on an old picnic/BBQ standard.
  • IAM125lbs
    IAM125lbs Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options

I've recently made this by substituting roasted potatoes for the pasta and baked tofu for the chicken. I think I cut down on the peanut butter too (2 Tbsp when I think I originally was using 3). It was tasty! Next time I'm going to shred the carrot instead of peeling it into strips and finely chop raw broccoli instead of steaming it, leave out the tofu and have a sort of "spicy peanut roasted potato salad". A little twist on an old picnic/BBQ standard.

Oh my goodness! I have just had the original recipe for my dinner and it was sooooooo yum! I am full but just want more!! Haha! And now you bring me these new ideas! You can come and cook at my house for a week with these ideas! Lol.

So 10/10 for the original recipe! And I will let you know how I get on with the spicy potato variety! The sauce was so tasty! :)
    -x-x-
  • gerandmer
    gerandmer Posts: 3
    Options
    I made this dish last night and my husband said "This is restaurant quality" - it was absolutely delicious!!!! Any other recipes????
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This sounds soooooo good! Rooster sauce and peanut butter...two of my favorite things!
  • jaci232
    jaci232 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    Bump - definitely going to try this! Yum!
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just found the "rooster sauce" at my local grocery store. Very surprised but happy. I now have all the stuff to try this,
    sounds sooo yummy.
    Will be making this week for sure.
    Thanks for sharing, I eat chicken at least 5 days a week and need something new now and then.
    I hope you have some other tasty treats up your sleeve.....?

P.S. the tofu/potato re-mix sounds tasty , might have to try that one next.
  • Andreamofme
    Andreamofme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump