Training for a 5K

Options
Hey guys, I am from Mississippi, and was wondering if anyone knows of any 5K's going on? I am currently training for it with a program on my iphone called C25K, worth the 2.99 that i paid for it, just saying. ; ) is anyone else doing that?

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    The app is totally worth it, a group of us (from my gym) just completed W2D1 yesturday.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    I have the same app on my iphone. I'm on week 8. great stuff i tell you.
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    I am doing week 3 this week. I only use the andriod app (which the lite version was free) when I run outside. I normally run on a treadmill at work and I just use the timing from the website.

Check out http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . The bottom has the plan by day and week.

Hope it helps!
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I'm not in your state, but kudos to you for the training!! I'm using the same plan, just finished week7day3 this morning, (except I have a droid) and that app really helps!!! Great job, keep it up!!!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Cool! I have the same app too :) Just finished W2D2!! It is just awesome :)
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Are you near a big city? Have you googled races near where you live? My husband found a great site that shows all the races in our area (Chicago) for the whole year. I would try something like that. Also do any of the towns in your area have festivals? Where I am from, hosting a 5K/10K race for your festival is big.
  • jerren
    jerren Posts: 196
    Options
    School districts often have 5K runs as well. Perhaps there is one near you that does.
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Chenoachem --- Thanks for the links! I haven't looked at the 2nd one but I bookmarked the first one. I may even end up registering for a class at Run On!

I've been doing interval jogging stints on my own but this may be what I need to lose the last 30 lbs.
  • garagesalegoddess08
    Options
    you have already done w7? have you lost weight? i hope to lose weight but i am only on week 2.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Looks like there is a good runner's club in your area. Here's a link to their calendar of 5K's: http://www.mstrackclub.com/QuickCal.html
  • darman
    darman Posts: 269
    Options
    congrats on the training!! you can get a list of races in your areas from the web - running world and cool running both have links i thikn
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    you have already done w7? have you lost weight? i hope to lose weight but i am only on week 2.
    Yes, I have completed all of week7. I have lost 25lbs, and the only exercising I have done since I started in April is Walking (everyday, 2x on days I don't do c25k), C25k 3days a week, dancing with the Wii and swimming. I cut my soda completely, I upped my water intake by a LOT and I cut most processed sugars, eating tons of fruit and veggies and I actually eat breakfast. So I'm sure the C25k has helped me lose someof the weight, sure. :) Good luck on your journey!