What's everyone's thought on coke zero etc.

Options
krhn
krhn Posts: 781 Member
Just to clarify I have and never will drink another diet coca cola or diet Pepsi as it just makes me feel sick but what about the other variants that says coke zero?

Bad/good?:huh:

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero isn't bad, although I really gave up soda altogether with the exception of an occasional Diet Canada Dry Ginger Ale. I cannot have anything with caffeine anymore as it will keep me up for 19 or 20 straight hours. I'll say Sprite Zero is disgusting.
  • Mizpenguin
    Options
    I'm about to graduate in nutrition this spring and have looked into the coke zero vs. diet coke thing before. The difference is basically only the sweeteners that diet coke and coke zero use. In diet coke, the sweetener is aspartame but in coke zero the sweetener is aspartame + sucralose. The sucralose gives it a slightly different flavor than just aspartame alone. I'd say it's a little sweeter than diet coke.

All in all, I'd say you're not missing out on anything if you don't like or don't want to drink diet coke. I used to drink coke zero in the past once or twice a week, but I'm not as big of a fan now that I've gotten more into plain teas and black coffee.
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Bloke Coke
  • alimauer
    alimauer Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would have to say that I have been slightly addicted to diet cola. diet Pepsi and all of the above. I suggest watching this documentary called "Hungry for Change". Not only does it cover so much about our food industry today, but there is a segment on there covering diet sodas and how they mislead you to thinking that it is so much better for your body. All diet sodas contain caffeine and aspertaine (that's not correct spelling for the chemical) and both mixed together release a chemical in your brain of excitement and happiness. Both are not good for your body. Now I am not trying to preach, especially due to the fact that I have a secret love for the damn diet sodas myself. But watching that documentary has definitely opened my eyes to many things and has me second guessing diet soda!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if other diet drinks make you feel sick, I don't see how coke zero would be any different. I can't drink diet drinks because they and anything else containing aspartame make me feel sick and give me other digestive problems (i.e. aspartame intolerance). I used to be okay with diet drinks where they used saccharine, but everything contains aspartame these days. Coke zero is just diet coke marketed at men.
  • brooke_young08
    Options
    I'm not going to get all preachy, because I have absolutely indulged in sodas in the past. However, both are extremely harmful to your health, due to the artificial sweeteners. If I ever do have a soda, it's regular, but that's bad too, because of the loads of processed sugars and acids in it. Best to stay away from sodas altogether if possible.
    Sorry:ohwell:
  • BeautifulBrownBbyDoll
    Options
    I switched to Coke Zero after my nutritionist suggested it. (Yeah go figure!) It's a bit sweeter than diet Coke, but I realized that all sodas with artificial sugar in it is totally bad. I would drink at least 2 Caffeine Free Cokes at work so that's like 8 a week, but mainly I would drink water behind it to flush out my kidneys. There is no win/win when it comes to the battle of the caffeine. I just say drink mineral water or tea. Starting next week, I will be switching from sodas to tea

I have my occasional juice (spinach, apple, peaches) on the weekends.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't drink them but I also don't see what all the fuss is about
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the question
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink any kind of soda anymore, but when I do its coke/sprite zero with alcohol. Less calories than beer or wine cooler type drinks. Coke zero is great with vanilla vodka. :drinker:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I like coke zero. Diet Dr pepper is good too.

What are you getting at here? Drinking it strait up, or mixed in with rum?
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I like coke zero. Diet Dr pepper is good too.

What are you getting at here? Drinking it strait up, or mixed in with rum?

Mmmm...sprite zero with coconut rum is amazing too.. :tongue:
  • Cyclingbonnie
    Cyclingbonnie Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Took me a while, but I kicked the habit. When I was drinking them I preferred Coke Zero over Diet Coke. I took a sip of one the other day, and couldn't imagine why for the life of me that I used to think it tasted good. I had to drink a bunch of water just to get the taste out of my mouth. Yuck!

Basically I feel like most sodas are just plain bad for you (diet or not), and that is why I quit drinking them. With that said, if you like them and they help you ... enjoy, I won't judge you for it. I will say that when I drank Coke Zero, I craved other foods to go with it. I found that I would binge on salty crunchy things ... like chips and salted nuts. Not a serving size but a large bag probably in the 20 serving category. I quit the sodas ... waalaa cravings reduced (I don't think they will ever go completely away, but reduced can be dealt with).
  • aleesh_
    aleesh_ Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    If Diet Coke makes you sick it's possibly the aspartame. Coke Zero also has aspartame so that will probably make you sick too. Try Diet Coke with Splenda if you can find it and see if that makes a difference.
  • nclind
    nclind Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm not going to get all preachy, because I have absolutely indulged in sodas in the past. However, both are extremely harmful to your health, due to the artificial sweeteners. If I ever do have a soda, it's regular, but that's bad too, because of the loads of processed sugars and acids in it. Best to stay away from sodas altogether if possible.
    Sorry:oh well:

I would have to agree with the above. Honestly once you wean off of sodas [artificially sweetened or not] you should realize that you are not missing anything but harmful and questionable ingredients. From what I understand, it is the carbonation that makes the soda. So that is why I prefer club soda with lime. Think of what soda of any kind would taste like without fizz.; really really bad.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Goes good with Jack.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I thought the whole point of coke zero was that it tasted like normal coke without all the sugar.

which is why their is a weird advert going around where they gave them coke zero instead of normal coke and noone 'told the difference'
  • diaryofaskinnygirl
    Options
    Diet Coke and Coke Zero are my saviours
    I don't drink much coffee so I need it to survive cramming season!
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Balls I forgot coke had caffeine in them... I personally haven't drank it in years, guess its not for me then... I don't want to build up any tolerances to caffeine tbh :brokenheart:
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I know that Coke Zero has aspartame and phosphoric acid. I won't drink it for those 2 reasons. The first was proven to cause cancers in rats and makes it tricky to cut weight, the second can dissolve a nail in 4 days.