198!

Options
I weigh first thing Saturday morning in my pj's, before I even taken my meds (Synthroid). This morning I was 198. I haven't been under 200 since at least 2001. I know the morning of my son's boot camp graduation, I weight 210, and that was about April 2001. I remember thinking I had to get a handle on the weight. I gradually gained back up to 266.

I thought I might sit down and bawl. I thought I might want to drink a Coke, my favorite "food" on this planet. I thought I might do the happy dance. I didn't do any of that. I thought about racing in and telling my husband, who was still asleep. I did none of that. I just sat back down and thought about this journey.

I have at least 30 more pounds to lose. At 168, I'll be "normal" for my height, 5'9," although I am able to carry more weight. People don't believe me when I share my weight. About a month ago at 210, I told a friend I weighed about 200, and she thought I was lying by at least 30 pounds.

I haven't been under 150 since my 20's. I sort've think I'd like to get to 148, but just for today, I'm going to enjoy this milestone.

Replies

• lcoelho84
    lcoelho84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work. :)
  • spartania
    spartania Posts: 88
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone...I am close to 199 too, and I am sure Onederland is going to be awesome!! Enjoy your new body and your new outlook. :)
  • ladybuggprincess99
    ladybuggprincess99 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing Saturday morning in my pj's, before I even taken my meds (Synthroid). This morning I was 198. I haven't been under 200 since at least 2001. I know the morning of my son's boot camp graduation, I weight 210, and that was about April 2001. I remember thinking I had to get a handle on the weight. I gradually gained back up to 266.

I thought I might sit down and bawl. I thought I might want to drink a Coke, my favorite "food" on this planet. I thought I might do the happy dance. I didn't do any of that. I thought about racing in and telling my husband, who was still asleep. I did none of that. I just sat back down and thought about this journey.

I have at least 30 more pounds to lose. At 168, I'll be "normal" for my height, 5'9," although I am able to carry more weight. People don't believe me when I share my weight. About a month ago at 210, I told a friend I weighed about 200, and she thought I was lying by at least 30 pounds.

I haven't been under 150 since my 20's. I sort've think I'd like to get to 148, but just for today, I'm going to enjoy this milestone.

I'm so excited for you!!! That milestone must feel amazing. :)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    :happy: :laugh: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Onderland for you :) You are awesome, keep it coming!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love this. Great job! Onderland is an amazing feeling. I think we all think about what we will do when we get on the scale to see a 1 in front of all the numbers for the first time in who knows how many years. I thought I was going to do all the things you had mentioned..but, like you, I stood there..did a small happy dance, fist pump in the air, and sat and reflected back on my journey. It is such a great feeling. Keep up the good work!
  • TracyJaneWineaux
    Options
    You are fabulous! I think sitting back and basking in your success is an excellent choice. I know it's easy for me to look at the obstacles to come and forget to marvel at accomplishments/milestones achieved. You are a star!:bigsmile:
  • Michellenicole35
    Michellenicole35 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    well done congrats keep up the good work and reap the rewards :wink:
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am so happy for you and I know that is a great feeling. I look forward to being able to see myself and the scale under 200lbs!
  • lobo_a_gogo
    lobo_a_gogo Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    can't wait to get to onederland, myself! congrats!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Whoo-Hoo! Welcome to ONE-derland...Keep on your running shoes and stay for awhile....like, FOR-EVAH!!:-)
  • Mariedzanis
    Options
    You inspired me! Its so very hard to lose weight, and I tend to eat when Im bored. I'm 5'9 too and ever since I've turned 40 its been so hard to eat less and lose weight. How long have you been doing this? What motivated you?
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Well you might not have cried, but reading it brought a tear to my eye. Congratulations.
  • VickiDiane22
    VickiDiane22 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!! that's awesome!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • RedsGirl73
    RedsGirl73 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey to onederland! Only 29 lbs til I'm there too. Keep up the good work!:flowerforyou:
  • littlehawkowl
    littlehawkowl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good job! It's so wonderful to reach a milestone. Here's to some more :):happy:
  • CharMaroc
    CharMaroc Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    WOOP WOOP!
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Superb!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    ONEderful!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!