Calling all Chocoholics!

Options

Replies

• hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    On another post somewhere a guy said that he had a bag of hershey kisses in his desk drawer and he would limit himself to one every day. If he went over that limit, he would throw the entire bag away. I think that's a great option for chocoholics: you don't want to be wasteful and god forbid the chocolate going away, so you only eat one a day ( or another self-imposed quota) and it curbs your cravings. It could work for chocolate covered almonds, a chocolate bar, etc etc etc.
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    I actually eat my Luna bars. They have really yummy chocolate bars that doesn't have that gross flavor that a lot of fake chocolate has. Also, in the summer I get some chocolate, non-fat frozen yogurt, put in a 1/2 tbs of PB and it's SO GOOD. High protein, low cal and fat (I use natural PB so the fat is the "good fat") so then when the people around me are eating brownies I don't feel deprived.
  • lalaland82
    lalaland82 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I do low calorie hot chocolate drinks - about 40 cals w/o milk - gets rid of the craving without raiding the kids sweetie tin.
    Also if i do cave - and will tomorrow cos its my sisters birthday i do an extra loop on the aerobics dvd and I feel less guilty
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I feel you... I'm completely addicted to chocolate! If I have a craving I'll just eat dark chocolate or the hunt's snack pack sugar free chocolate pudding. It's still deliciously chocolatey but it doesn't have any sugar and is only 80 calories!
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm still finishing off my Easter chocolate!

I gave it up entirely for 2 weeks. Then I snuck a little bit, and stopped. And I was happy. The next day, I snuck another little bit, and stopped.

I then kept just having a little bit every day, or every other day, but chocolate didn't take over my mind! Though recently, chocolate cravings are getting a bit more... so I'll just give it up for another 2 weeks and then start again.

I think its a good way of doing it until I can have total self control!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate protein smoothies - just chocolate protein powder with some unsweetened almond milk - and also like adding cocoa nibs or dark chocolate shavings to fruit salad. And once in a while, I'll have actual chocolate and just factor it in to my daily calories. This is a lifestyle change and my life will always include chocolate :)
  • Linkdapink
    Linkdapink Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh... actually! There was something on here yesterday about people finding stuff in food! That killed my cravings entirely!
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    I like drinkIng low cal mochas and hot chocolates- takes a while to drink so I enjoy the chocolate.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate, but I have an unusual palate in that I will eat bitter baking chocolate and be happy. I put unsweetened cocoa powder in my morning smoothie, and I make hot chocolate with just soymilk and bitter cocoa and it keeps me satisfied.

With better quality chocolate, a little goes a long way to satisfy a craving, I find. I like Valrhona, for example--the darkest I can find. A square of that pretty much takes care of the craving for me.
  • MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am a total chocoholic!!! Found out last month that I am lactose intolerant, and I of course immediately went on a search for chocolate I can have! Green & Black's organic dark chocolate is the only one I found that has no dairy and tastes good. Organic cocoa, organic cocoa powder, and organic vanilla. There are 24 squares in a bar, and I usually eat 3. Also, chocolate chex :) Gluten free and YUMMM!
  • durshley
    durshley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate wouldn't work for me. I eat fun-size packs of dairy milk buttons when I'm craving it, just enough to satisfy without going overboard.
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    i use chocolate chips (semi-sweet or dark) and almonds. I'm a muncher, so the more time i have to savour my chocolate, the better. if I'm not up to almonds, I'll mix the chocolate chips in with vanilla greek yogurt. Yum!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I usually have some form of chocolate every day! I did just buy the Trutein Peanut Butter Cup protein powder. Two cups almond milk, one scoop powder, 185 calorie chocolate peanut butter breakfast! YUM!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself a bit everyday.

And change your profile pic to confront your temptation... :laugh:
  • barrattandrew
    Options
    chocolate protein shakes - definitely help. Or decent quality chocolate protein bars. Other than that I try to have some high cocoa chocolate and a couple of squares (just had some!) keep you going.
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted, too - it's a problem!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    This is the thread where I will also confess to sometimes gnawing on raw cacao beans. They sell them at places like co-ops and Whole Foods. I haven't picked any up since I started calorie counting, but I've been thinking about them lately!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This is the thread where I will also confess to sometimes gnawing on raw cacao beans. They sell them at places like co-ops and Whole Foods. I haven't picked any up since I started calorie counting, but I've been thinking about them lately!
    That's what cacao nibs are - chopped up raw cacao beans! They're really yummy in yogurt, on oatmeal, in smoothies, etc. :)
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Put your chocolate in the freezer...then don't chew it let it melt. Pull out one piece at a time!

I got these chocolate bars and stuck them in the fridge (they would have melted in the kitchen so I stuck them in the fridge) a serving is like 6 pieces for 220 calories I think. Well I will eat only 3 pieces as "desert" if I have any after dinner. The rate I go, this bar might last me a week!
  • JenniferDomas
    JenniferDomas Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I eat the Fiber One 90 Calorie Brownies.