I Strongly Dislike Exercise!

Options

Replies

• krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that, I just wouldn't necessarily prefer it if I had a choice ... Cause I'm lazy like that :bigsmile: :smokin:

But you just get on with it as you know there are obvious benefits-on the days that I don't feel like it, I say 'just suck it up and lift':noway:
  • LinOtt
    LinOtt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hate exercise. It was my enemy. Exercise and I now have a truce.......I know it is necessary and it has agreed to let me introduce it into my life in baby steps. People used to tell me all about the feel good after exercise and endorphins etc. It was hard to believe over the feelings of exhaustion, heat and sweat! Yesterday for the first time in my entire life I did some 15 minutes on my stationary bike and actually after the initial heat and breathlessness passed (5 minutes) I felt invigorated! I did 17 minutes today and felt better! I just may get to love the feeling! Just start moving - every time you move is a step in the right direction.
  • AmandaBiggs09
    AmandaBiggs09 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    JustDance!!!!!!!! So much fun and I can burn 500+ calories in an hour
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Runners high. . . . from running

Lifting, because I enable beast mode

Of course its hard, Its really hard. No excuses, not ever.

couch 25k. google it.

Exactly. I was just like you and hated the idea of going to a gym to exercise, mainly because I felt out of place. I wanted to take up running but realized I needed to take baby steps. I would walk at 3.5 mph for the majority of 30 min., and would run as fast as I could in intervals. I could barely do 4.0 without getting winded. Then as time passed, I was able to run for the entire 30 minutes without a walking break, and then shot for running for a full hour. When I was able to do that, I focused on decreasing my mile time..

The point is take baby steps. Realize what you are capable of now, and push yourself a little bit beyond that each time. There are no shortcuts. I would definitely look into a couch25k program in your area.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that I RARELY find anyone that obese/very overweight that enjoys exercise. Along with over consumption, that's probably why they are in that dilema now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I used to. I wouldn't walk up the street if i didn't have to. Now I'm running and lifting weights. I definitely get a runners "high" . You need to find something you enjoy. :smile:
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It's something you have to force yourself into at first, but once it becomes a habit you'll find yourself wanting to do it. Especially once you start seeing results-- I started lifting, and now my job (a stocker) is becoming easier and easier as I lift heavier. Plus weight lifting gives you naturally better posture and is more likely to burn away fat and build lean muscle mass than cardio alone.

Just my two cents, but you'll certainly get results even if you never touch a weight set. You can't go wrong with walking and running.
  • whiteside9474
    whiteside9474 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Wii?? I started with Just dance 4.....it has just sweat on it. I wasn't a big fan of exercising either but am enjoying seeing the results?? I'm down 17 pounds and who doesn't love to dance??
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Running ..nice and simple?..You're in for a surprise.

LOL. Nothing easy about being sore for a few days, which this person will most likely experience after this.
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hated exercise, hated hated hated it. We bought an elliptical, didn't go cheap on it, and I love being on that thing everyday now. My iPad plugs in and the speakers are great on it. So watching a movie on netflix while I work out makes the time fly, and I actually look forward to getting in there and getting my calories burnt.
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I've learned to really love running. I started out doing a mile, took me 35 minutes walking/jogging and now I am up to 1.7 miles in 30 minutes, still not that great but im working on it!
  • stongjos
    stongjos Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Don't wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

^^^^
    Love it. So true.

I bought a second hand stationary bicycle, and everynight, I bike while watching TV. I don't notice I'm doing exercise because I'm not going that fast and I'm enjoying myself because of the TV. I've been doing this for 3 months. Tonight, I went for my first real bicycle ride outside for this year. I loved it. I had more energy than last summer, and it felt great. Good luck in finding hte right exercise for you!!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Let's just say that I RARELY find anyone that obese/very overweight that enjoys exercise. Along with over consumption, that's probably why they are in that dilema now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

And don't forget, they also help pay your salary.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Mind over matter.

I LOVE fitness
    I LOVE working out
    I HATE exercise
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Change your attitude and just do it
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Lots of us on the way down learn to love it.
  • ladymnlite
    ladymnlite Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There are days when I strongly dislike exercise too, but now that I'm using MFP I've got a new way of looking at it. It's no longer "that thing I have to do." Now it's "those things (calories) I'd like to be able to eat" I think that's enough motivation for me!

LOL

It does help to find something you enjoy doing that doesn't seem much like exercising. I've found that the Zumba core Wii game is fun for me so I actually like doing it and I forget that I'm working out sometimes because I'm just having fun.
  • meltingmama1965
    Options
    i hate to exercise my self and make every exscuse why not to do it but when i saw shawn t rockin body dvds i said wow that looks like fun so i got them and do them. find something you like to do.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I learn to love to exercising. Basically you just have to start small and work your way up.
  • pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I didn't like exercise, but mostly because I found it really boring. It changed when I joined the gym and their treadmills had TVs on them :P My partner and I would walk/jog for ages when there was something interesting on. I don't have a membership anymore, but I still like going for walks/attempting jogging with my partner along some of the nice walking tracks in town. It's nice scenery and good company :)

I also play Just Dance on the wii, and that's about as un-boring as you can get :p