What's everyone's thought on coke zero etc.

Options

Replies

• itsnowornevercici
    itsnowornevercici Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my brother - law- used to drink 2litres of diet cola a day, A DAY! everyone would tell him diet's better than the regular soda so he never thought anything of it. i saw him back in 2008 and i begged him to stop drinking it altogether as his family has a serious history of diabetes and he didn't listen. i went to visit him last april and found out he has diabetes and the doctor told him he's excessive binge drinking of the diet soda contributed 90% to his diagnosis.

now this won't be the case for most but some have the impression that 'diet' and 'zero' sodas are good or better for you than the regulars but like everyone here has been saying these soda are harmful to the body regardless of the label.

for me personally i won't lie i used to drink just the regulars once or twice a week until i started noticing how much it aggravated my stomach to the point of needing medication, i can tell you a build up of stomach acid is pain like no other and a friend of mine was given the same diagnosis, so i've learnt to explore the squash's and the smoothies because i've found my body appreciates the goodness its getting from it.
  • itsnowornevercici
    Options
    yeah i read the same thing. horrifying facts and to think how many millions of people drink these sodas is truly astonishing!
  • itsnowornevercici
    Options
    I know that Coke Zero has aspartame and phosphoric acid. I won't drink it for those 2 reasons. The first was proven to cause cancers in rats and makes it tricky to cut weight, the second can dissolve a nail in 4 days.

yeah i read the same thing. horrifying facts and to think how many millions of people drink these sodas is truly astonishing!
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    With kraken rum. Yes. My thoughts are yes.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I find all soda equally disgusting. Rarely, I get a craving for cherry coke, or cheerwine, but after the first couple of sips, I remember why I stopped drinking it in the first place.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Any coke tastes great when mixed with Mount Gay Rum. That is all I have on this subject. :ohwell:
  • fionahay
    fionahay Posts: 44
    Options
    Sugar Free Irn Bru is where it's at. It's so good I don't even care if it's bad for me!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify I have and never will drink another diet coca cola or diet Pepsi as it just makes me feel sick but what about the other variants that says coke zero?

Bad/good?:huh:

???? so you are trying to reafirm your hatred?
    tumblr_m5oeilDWhs1qit4p6o1_400.gif
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Luckily I've never had a big problem with overindulging on soda because it makes me burp a lot, and I hate carbonated anything pretty much. When I was a kid I used to open a can of soda and then leave it in the fridge overnight so I could drink it the next day flat, haha.

It was bad when I could get unlimited free Dr. Pepper and Orange Fanta at my crappy restaurant job last summer, but generally if I drink a big soda I just feel bloated and crappy, so it's easier to abstain. But I was brought up on Diet Coke and I'll always prefer it to the original. Do I kid myself that it's "healthier"? No, but I do like to enjoy a diet soda now and then, because it doesn't affect my calorie goals and as long as you're not drinking it daily I don't think the chemicals add up to much in your system.

I also think the hype over Splenda and Equal is a bit out of proportion too. Lots of chemicals are in just about everything these days, and somehow we're not all dropping dead from ingesting them occasionally.
  • Andreagay60
    Options
    I simply NEVER let soda pop touch my lips......
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I simply NEVER let soda pop touch my lips......

This is really the best course of action. I have maybe 8oz of Diet Ginger Ale once a month when I get absolutely sick of water. Otherwise, it's water for life.
  • randyv99
    randyv99 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    My thoughts on the 24 pack of Coke Zero in my refrigerator right now are: "that was a good deal." In general, I don't really care one way or the other. It depends on what I'm prioritizing. If my teeth are my obsession of the month, I stay away from carbonated and acidic sodas and juices. If I've been getting heartburn, I won't drink soda but maybe still drink some less heartburn inducing juices. If I've been taking in too much sugar (by my own standards) I'll drink diet beverages (carbonated and non-carbonated). If I'm getting serious about working out, I'll drink mostly water (and some of the diet/zero energy drinks).

I definitely think if you're just addicted to soda and are serious about gradually changing your lifestyle that you might want to switch to diet and then to diet sports drinks and then to water. Unless gradual changes never work for you. But hey, what doesn't kill you make you stronger they say right?

Health and fitness have no exact formula for any one person.

I, for one, have noticed that when I am doing a good job of staying away from sugary beverages, drinking diet soda makes me want to eat more (and specifically more sweets --> some scientists believe this effect is caused by the brain receiving sweet signals that the digestive system is not processing).

Listen to your body, it'll tell you what it needs (unless it's no longer speaking to you, in which case you can coax it back into loving you with a little special attention but this is no different than any other relationship).
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Yuck. Has a chemical taste I can't get used to. Original is better; if I'm going to have soda, I'm going to go all out.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I loved coke zero at one time. Haven't had soda/pop in over 4 months and I don't miss it. I do drink quite a bit of crystal light-type stuff, so I still use artificial sweetners.
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    The only difference between diet coke and coke zero is that in addition to aspartame, coke zero also has Ace K (acesulfame potassium).

They include Ace K because aspartame has a delayed onset sweetness. Ace K has an immediate sweetness, it fills in the gap at the initial tasting of the drink that aspartame lacks, so it gives the drinker more of a "real sugar" experience.

If diet coke makes you feel sick, coke zero will too. They both have aspartame.

Hope this was helpful!
  • primal7
    primal7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Water VS Coke.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I know that Coke Zero has aspartame and phosphoric acid. I won't drink it for those 2 reasons. The first was proven to cause cancers in rats and makes it tricky to cut weight, the second can dissolve a nail in 4 days.

I think you're thinking of saccharin instead of aspartame.
  • Saunz5
    Saunz5 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    IMO: Any type of soda is bad for you...doesn't matter what the numbers are...

I drink water and herbal tea or decaf green tea. Those are all zero's too! :o) (if you really wanna go by the numbers)
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Water VS Coke.

WATER
    1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

And now for the properties of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for a sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

For Your Info
    1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?

Coke because most of what you listed is wrong.
  • Yum, delicious.