ex weight watcher!

Options
2»

Replies

• KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am actually both a former WW member and employee. Because of that, I KNOW what I should be doing, it was just doing it. This site helps me with that. The accountability is a huge part of it for me. Like in WW, I make sure I get all my fruits, veggies and water and go from there. I know I can have EVERYTHING in moderation, that way, I never feel deprived.

I always enjoyed the support I received at WW meetings, but the support here is just as, if not more than that! MFP is a very important part of my new lifestyle!
  • LauritaS767
    LauritaS767 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    DId the Weight Watchers thing myself. I was very successful (I lost 70lbs with their help). I have kept all my 110lbs weight loss off for five years now. I left because the meetings were getting super repetitive, and found that it wasn't matching my goals anymore. I also despised the fact that they changed the program. It worked well for me, but once they changed how they calculated the points, it seemed to change my results. I always did my tracking manually, so I'm definitely enjoying the on-line tracking!
  • Thorbjornn
    Thorbjornn Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me too! lol Ex-WW. I just canceled this week after joining in Jan. 2012. It *is* a good plan, I lost 30 lbs. It was a kick in the pants for me and got me started on losing the layer of blubber. But it stops working after a while, especially for weight lifters. It's a weight loss plan, not specifically fat loss. There's no way to track macros unless you write down the n.i. for each food and keep your own log. I had no idea how much protein I was getting, for example. Btw, each point is about 40 calories. I'm finding more and more neat stuff to use @ MFP. Besides I got run off the GoaD (Guys on a Diet) WW board for talking too much about weight lifting. I guess I did "goad" them. lol The community here is a lot more supportive and diverse.
  • kspexet
    kspexet Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am an ex weight watcher, too. I tried it off and on for about 5 years and almost made it to my goal weight. I got frustrated and quit, then I gained all the weight back. I signed up on this site last November, but I really just started using it three weeks ago. I think this site's database is much easier to use and also seems to have more information. I feel like I can be successful using MFP. Welcome!