Hikers United!

Options

Replies

• RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I hiked 6.2 miles today, carrying my 30lb toddler half way! I am so sore LOL I had no idea the trail was that long.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i love hiking, and love that its finally warmer here in ny!
    there's a place called breakneck ridge not too far from me, like 20 mins so easy to get to daily. part of it is like straight up climbing rocks it's so awesome :D
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Is the Castle in Hubbard Park? If I am looking at the Wikipedia Map correctly, it has lots of Hills in the Park and some nice Water Features which are similar to the Water Spouts in My City Park. I will have to go to the Park and walk up and down some of the Hills!!

Yes it is in Hubbard Park. And it says there are lots of trails and paths around there. Do you live close by? That would be SO awesome if you do!
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Nope, I am in Oklahoma. But I am getting really Good at Googling Virtual Trails andImages, LOL!! If I could get this silly computer to post Pictures in the Threads, I'd have it made.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :glasses: It was 68 degrees today, just Very Windy! But even with the Wind it was too nice not to take advantage of it. I walked 50 minutes at the Park (2.75 Miles). If you want to, I think you can find the Park on Google Maps - "Yukon Oklahoma Boot Hill Park."
    I also went to the Gym and rode the Recumbent Bike for 30 minutes (7.29 Miles). Finally, this Evening, Hubby and I walked to 7-11 for my Coffee (2.24 Mile).

:drinker: Total was 120 Minutes - 12.28 Miles
  • tanniew78
    Options
    NY Miles- 202.71-32.64=

170.07 Miles to go!
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    4.56 miles yesterday (21 April)
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: 5.7 Miles Today
  • wahelga
    Options
    4.09 miles yesterday (22 April) :smile:
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: SLOW Day Today!!
    1.71 Mile
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Forgot to got and log in my miles so here they are:

18th: 2.5 jog/walk
    19th: 2.5 jog/walk
    21st: 3 hike
    22th: 2.5 jog/walk
    23rd: 6 biking

Total of: 16.5
  • wahelga
    Options
    6.51 miles for me on 23 April
  • tanniew78
    Options
    170.07-39.07= 131 miles to go ladies! We are bookin it!

I spent the day cleaning my van out since its the nicest day in forever. lol. I will be back to walking tomorrow. Planning a river trail walk. I cant hike because the mountains are under snow. And me and snow and my arthritis are a bad combo. Id be bear food in no time!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :drinker: 11.96 Miles Today.
    I walked a total of 1.80 Miles to the Library to pick up my Registration Confirmation E-Mail for the Oklahoma City Memorial 5K. It was 37 degrees with a Wind Chill of 27, and 100% Humidity!! I hope the weather is better the day of the Race!!
  • wahelga
    Options
    170.07-39.07= 131 miles to go ladies! We are bookin it!

Where does this put us? Around Mansfield or the Natchaug Forest?
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I biked 17 miles today. :blushing: That's from the awesome workout. haha
  • wahelga
    Options
    3.12 miles for me for 24 April
  • wahelga
    Options
    I biked 17 miles today. :blushing: That's from the awesome workout. haha

Well done, that's great
  • tanniew78
    Options
    2 in for me yesterday! I miscalculated the city before by eyeballing it. I wish I had a program that I could calculate how many miles there. Say we start in Boston and I put in New York as a destination then I can put in the miles we did and it calculate where we are on the route. That would be innovative and if I knew a THING about IT and programming, I would SOOOOO be on it and making a site just like that. lol. So right now ladies, I am waiting for us to catch up to Meriden for real then I will post more pics and travelogues. As it is I am going to have to do some serious math to calculate it. lol.

131-34.08= 96.92 miles to go! Which it looks like we finally are.

I do apologize and will do better in the future. :)
  • wahelga
    Options
    1.96 miles for me yesterday (25 April). Feeling unwell (nothing serious) so spent the day lazing around the house :embarassed: