Tonight I was told I put on a lot of weight!!!

Options
Tonight someone told me I put on a lot of weight. I used to be thin they reminded me. I am not 206. I HAVE NEVER BEEN THIS HEAVY IN MY LIFE! I need to get back down to the 180s at the most. I am so disgusted with myself.

Replies

• JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Turn all their negative comments into motivation for you to get fit. :) you can do it!
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    OH NO!! How rude. NEVER should you say that to a person.. weight can be changed, being a douche is permanent.
  • gemmaleigh1989
    gemmaleigh1989 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Exactly, weight gain doesn't have to be permanent. Do something about it.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Maybe my skin is thick, maybe too many people in my family have heart problems. My friends And family openly talk weight, and stress concerns back and forth. Even when I ignore their advice I treat all their comments as they come from love. I guess it is the intent of the comment. I wish I listened to more people when I started getting heavy. Now my sister on the other hand is just a broad shoulder person, very active, eats well, runs full marathons. If someone told her to loss weight it would be insulting. She works really hard and is the best of who she is. So like in say if someone is worried about your health your focused on the wrong side of the comment, but I know not every comment comes from love.
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    It is great motivation, and you should use it! I remember I put on alot if weight, saw an old friend who knew my husband I had struggled with infertility, and she said "congrats! You're finally pregnant!" I wasn't pregnant, just fat.

People are thoughtless, try to get over it it, but you're in the right place! This site works for so many of us, when nothing else did.
  • Curved_Chica
    Options
    Hang in there❤ People can be insensitive. This site works and i will bet you can get to where you want by end of summer if you stay diligent.
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    Wow, those people are absolute douches! 206 is NOT that big. Cut those negative d bags out of your life and use those nasty comments for motivation! I hope you feel better. :-)
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,871 Member
    Options
    If the comment got you here, who cares, you are now. And this is the beginning of the solution. Join a group, get some friends and stay motivated. :)

Shelley
    zumbaforever