Which protein bars are the best for losing weight?

Options
I eat a protein bar every morning before I work out. I have switched to a few different ones that have less sugar. Thats mainly what I check on the nutrition facts..the sugar. The ones I have now are called "Pure Protein, Eat good, look good" They have between 180-200 calries, 2 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of fat.

Does any one know of any that are healthier than that or have worked well? thanks!
I also had seen some that said 0 grams of sugar, but below that it said 11 grams of sugar alcohol... Im not sure what that means

Replies

• kaylindeschanel
    kaylindeschanel Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i'm not so sure about protein bars, but i do know that KIND bars and LUNA bars do have a good reputation.

it's best to avoid conventional protein/energy bars, such as Quaker's granola bars and Nature valley - they're just candy in disguise.

just watch out for the carbohydrates to protein ratio.
    the sugar should not be crazy high - the protein should also be reasonable. too much is never good.

there are also recipes for vegan granola bars that i've heard work really well.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    My sister just started using the pure protein ones, they look okay. We also like the luna brand bars, but I try and have something else with them like some fruit if I have time.
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    quest
  • Sugalicious79
    Options
    Aren't sugar alcohols fairly ok to consume, compared to real sugar?
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I do like Pure Protein, however, I heard "Quest" bars tastes pretty good, and has less BS in the ingredients than most. Haven't personally tried it yet though, plan on picking up a few tomorrow.
  • grbhmb
    grbhmb Posts: 12
    Options
    I've read several posts where people talk about liking those Quest
    bars.

They say they're pricey, but does anyone know where to buy some?

I haven't seen them at Publix or Wal-Mart and those are the main stores
    'round these here parts!
  • EstyPorter
    EstyPorter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've read several posts where people talk about liking those Quest
    bars.

They say they're pricey, but does anyone know where to buy some?

I haven't seen them at Publix or Wal-Mart and those are the main stores
    'round these here parts!

they sell them online on the website.
  • mattyb1971
    Options
    I buy my Quest bars at GNC. These are the best I have found (best tasting, reasonable calories, nice protein level, nice fiber level). I also like Detour bars (the low sugar version).
  • eena830
    eena830 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just bought a few quest bars today. Tasty low in sugar. I bought them at a store like gnc in my area. 1.99 so a bit pricy... about 160 cals
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    As long as they are within your calorie allotment, they should be ok... Also, the shakes provide excellent protein load post workout. I like the core-power shakes == the light ones are like 20 mg protein @ 150 cals.
  • chrishengge
    Options
    Take a look at Cliff Builder Bars, 20 protein, and I believe they are pretty close to 40/30/30 @ 270 calories for the one I eat.
  • Johnmez
    Johnmez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Promax Meal Chocolate and Orange pure magic pure class:smile:
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    The tastiest one with the most protein for the calories. .. but they're not for losing weight, they're for meeting your protein macro.

Lose weight= calorie deficit.

You can do that without them. I mean, if you're busy and on the go, they're a great way to fulfill that protein hole. Also, wth is up with all this no sugar jazz. Sugar=love
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    The tastiest one with the most protein for the calories. .. but they're not for losing weight, they're for meeting your protein macro.

You can do that without them. I mean, if you're busy and on the go, they're a great way to fulfill that protein hole. Also, wth is up with all this no sugar jazz. Sugar=love
    listen to this lady^^^^ Cause she's smart.

Yer purdy
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

QFT
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options

listen to this lady^^^^ Cause she's smart.

thirded

The protein bar that makes you lose the most weight is the one you don't eat actually :tongue:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Sugar is fairly OK to consume.

FIFY
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Remember protein helps keep you full so look for the ones with higher protein. Honestly I use a variety but it is based on what tastes good and I do enough in the gym that I do watch my protein I can eat my body weight in natural protein so it is supplemented with shakes and bars too