it works body wrap

Options

Replies

• kissesfromkrista
    Options
    beforeafter-1.jpg
  • kissesfromkrista
    Options
    I've only done the It Works wraps. It has a product on it, and you can feel it working. I've never done other body wraps. Do they have product on them?
  • mrsskinny629
    mrsskinny629 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes these wraps work, they amazing actually. These wraps are changing peoples lives. They help you get healthy on the inside and out.

Here's what it's not:

it's not a wrap to get rid of water weight
    it's not a wrap that you should use instead of diet and exercise
    it's not something that will make you lose weight over night
    it's not going to keep the results if you are still eating cheeseburgers, french fries, donuts and pizza everyday. get real.

here's what it is:

it's a wrap that will tighten, tone, and firm your skin.
    it's a wrap to use along with a healthy diet and exercise program.
    it detoxifies your body, breaking down your fat cells, causing those to shrink. most people see inch loss when this happens.
    it helps with the apperance of cellulite and stretch marks.
    it's amazing and you have to try it for yourself.

I lost 7 1/2" on my first wrap from around my abdomen, my 2nd wrap I lost another 3 1/2" ..11" lost from my stomach in 6 days and I've kept it off because I continue to eat healthy and exercise.

Using these wraps are like a diet or any other program.. you stop your diet and revert back to your normal habits and your weight will come back. Hello light bulb :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    use cling film and go to bed with electric blanket on all night its cheaper than those body wraps and you'll still be lighter for your weigh-in, also if you make sure you've been to bathroom (BM) before you get on the scale, you probably get your lightest weight but it will go back on again as you eat food throughout the day!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options

here's what it is:

it detoxifies your body

Scientifically, that makes absolutely no sense. Your liver can take toxins out of your body. Wrapping your body in fabric can not.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I've only done the It Works wraps. It has a product on it, and you can feel it working. I've never done other body wraps. Do they have product on them?

As in... scientific evidence... not anecdotal (which is what those pictures are).

There is no scientific backing to these things that I can see.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    These are not water loss wraps. They draw out the toxins in your body, and inch loss is just one of the side effects.
    oThQl.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    These are not water loss wraps. They draw out the toxins in your body, and inch loss is just one of the side effects.
    oThQl.gif

No wonder cavemen had 30 year life spans. They didn't wrap to remove da toxinzz!!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    oThQl.gif

No wonder cavemen had 30 year life spans. They didn't wrap to remove da toxinzz!!

I know right? God what idiots. Thank god we have these magic wrapz to save us!
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Like the other supporters have said, the It Works wrap is NOT a dehydration wrap like so many others on the market. It does not claim to be a weight loss product. It tightens and tones skin. I have used them, after dropping 60 pounds to tighten the loose skin. It worked, and my results lasted for over a year until I got pregnant. Not a huge surprise that I gained weight and inches.

Now I have started dropping weight again through healthy eating and exercise. And I will use the wraps again to tighten my belly skin as the weight drops off. No, it isn't magic, and it is only as permanent as your lifestyle is. Eat healthy, drink water and it will last months. Eat crap, refill the toxins, and see the results disappear.
  • opalizner
    opalizner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got 3 packs, and after 6 wraps have not noticed any differance
  • Aeriel
    Options

here's what it is:

it detoxifies your body

Scientifically, that makes absolutely no sense. Your liver can take toxins out of your body. Wrapping your body in fabric can not.

Actually, scientifically, it does make sense. When you have an abundance of toxins, your liver may be overworked. Your body protects itself by storing those excess toxins in fat cells, most commonly in the abdominal area. And, when dieting and exercising, the fat layer under your skin is preferentially burned, not the fat in your skin itself. That is why some people's skin does not tighten up when they lose weight.

No, I don't have a link to back it up. But I did take several years of biology and animal physiology courses at university where the basics of metabolism were covered.
  • Aeriel
    Options
    I got 3 packs, and after 6 wraps have not noticed any differance

Did you talk to the distributor that you got them from? Sometimes soaps or lotions we are using can lower absorption. Were you drinking the recommended amounts of water? Did you take before pictures to compare against? I know I sometimes don't see the results in the mirror, but put photos side by side and the difference is visible.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    2wqwqkh.gif
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    If you need to fit into a specific outfit on a specific date, it will work to cause you to lose a bunch of water weight and therefore, inches. You'll be smaller for a day or two, then you'll go back to your previous size.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options

here's what it is:

it detoxifies your body

Actually, scientifically, it does make sense. When you have an abundance of toxins, your liver may be overworked. Your body protects itself by storing those excess toxins in fat cells, most commonly in the abdominal area. And, when dieting and exercising, the fat layer under your skin is preferentially burned, not the fat in your skin itself. That is why some people's skin does not tighten up when they lose weight.

No, I don't have a link to back it up. But I did take several years of biology and animal physiology courses at university where the basics of metabolism were covered.
    And of course in biology and animal physiology they are saying that wraps remove toxins.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options

Could you provide me a link to the list of specific toxins that it draws out of my body? I didn't know that my body bypasses my liver (built in detoxifier) and stores all the toxins in my belly. If I wrap the wrap around my head, will it suck the toxins out of my brain, thereby making me smarter? Is there a safety catch on them so that if I drop on my pen0r it won't adhere to it like a chestburster from Aliens? I don't want to risk making that any smaller.

I'm calling shenanigans.
  • Aeriel
    Options

here's what it is:

it detoxifies your body

And of course in biology and animal physiology they are saying that wraps remove toxins.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

No, ha ha! It doesn't mention wraps. But it does discuss the body storing excess toxins in fat cells and how those toxins are released again with burning/releasing that stored fat.

Natural medicine and treatments have been slammed for years by the medical industry because it doesn't make them money from drugs. There are many fitness consultants, naturopaths and trainers that work with this product and believe in it.

I can't change anyone's mind. Slam the product all you want, I know the results I have seem and many others have seen with natural products. Until you try it yourself, you are just following a preconceived idea of spa wraps and sweating out water, which is not what this product does.
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ...To each their own but in MY opinion all it does is suck the water out of you... which is great if you want to be 'skinnier' for a couple days. :flowerforyou:

Agree!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I tried it and it made me gain 80lbs. :cry: