Progress! 75 lbs of it. [pics]

Options
So, I've been at this weight loss thing for a while now (almost 6 years, in fact). Over those years, I've done the South Beach Diet, Weight Watchers, and finally counting calories using MFP. I've lost, and gained, and lost again, and gained again. Since I joined MFP, though, I'm steadily on the decline, and that's where I plan to stay!

Because I've been at this so long, though, it's easy to lose perspective and forget how far I've actually come. I found a photo that I took back in 2007, and I was like .... "Damn, is that me?!" I almost didn't recognize my face.

I'm proud of how far I've come, so I decided to share my first progress pics with MFP! :smile:

There's about 75 lbs difference between the two photos.

f080a126-5035-44b7-b31d-b769d9a27aa9_zpsf630ca5a.jpg?t=13664925002c815c86-cf47-4520-b3d9-1115fa917682_zps2236b4cd.jpg?t=1366492453

Replies

• samkelly89
    samkelly89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so happy and way younger now. It is really clear how hard you have worked and how much weight you've lost. Good luck on your journey and congrats on what you've done so far!!
  • lizz2013
    lizz2013 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Such a difference! Congratulations :) Looking beautiful!
  • kegger1997
    Options
    I agree with SamKelly89, you look younger. that is fantastic. keep up the good work
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    It is an amazing difference. Your eyes look so much larger in the second picture. You have made some wonderful progress.
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    thanks, everyone!
  • CrazyC
    CrazyC Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Beautiful in both pics.... CONGRATS!!! WTG!!!
  • meaghan2008
    meaghan2008 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I can def see it ! Keep up the good work !
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I relate to your long battle and have lost and gained the same weight as well. But now, like you, I am determined to stay on the decline until i get there. Congratulations on a huge loss and a big difference in your lovely self!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    It certainly shows how far you've come when you see yourself "back when". I agree MFP is a good way to go. It's not a fad, a quick fix, a new revolutionary diet. It's good old common sense that works. Keep up the great work and can't wait to see future pictures!
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It's unreal how much younger I look in my current photo, and I'm actually 6 years younger. It's crazy what excess weight does to our bodies.
  • Lauralee119
    Options
    beautiful!!
  • niftyfoodie
    niftyfoodie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring! 75 lbs. lost is amazing! And what a difference in your face! I agree...you look younger now (and a lot happier too!).
  • bekki84
    bekki84 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Go you!!!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You do look so much younger, and you just glow in your after picture!! Great work!! It is a lifelong battle, and you are proof that it can be done!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Great job on the weightloss. Keep it up!
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    beautiful progress!!

cheers to you! :drinker:
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    amazing job! your second pic looks like the DAUGHTER of the first pic!
  • kharper85
    kharper85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • cmonteskk
    cmonteskk Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! You look so amazing!!1 :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!