do u get stuck around the 0's

Options
meaning like 210, 220, 230

Once I get to that 0 mark it seems like it takes about 5-6 days to hit the 9 mark then i lose really good again til i get back down to the next set of 0's

Replies

• jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I actually seem to. But I wonder if it is more a mental thing. Can't wait to hit that lower set of numbers and a watched pot never boils kind of thing. :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    no but it sounds like u are expecting results too fast- 5-6 days isnt a long time
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I actually seem to. But I wonder if it is more a mental thing. Can't wait to hit that lower set of numbers and a watched pot never boils kind of thing. :)

I completely agree, it's more psychological than physical.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Not to be rude <----nothing good ever comes out of starting a sentence with that....

but 5-6 days isn't really being stuck.
  • stackhead
    stackhead Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I always seem to get a mental block when I hit the 0! It takes me a good 2 weeks to push through to the next 9 ...
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I can understand why you guys think 5-6 days is not stuck and i dont mean it as stuck as in i been doing it for months and months and not lost a pound

And yes I know 5-6 days is not very long HOWEVER - 5-6 days for me I expect to be able to drop from 0 to 9 - I have ALOT of weight to lose so right now in this phase 5-6 days is a long time
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options

This! :laugh:
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    YESSS!! I've been wondering about that too. And now I've lost quite a bit of weight I get stuck around the 5's as well. Weird, isn't it!!

Keep on keeping on. When I get discouraged I think back to how I kept hovering around previous 0's and now they're only a memory.
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I actually get more stuck at the stone/half a stone mark! For example, I've weighed in at 169 for the past 2 fridays (losing 0.5lbs inbetween) and 168 is the 12st mark.. Basically, 167 seems like a VERY long way away :P
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'm in a stuck place right now! That 250 just does not want to budge! I am busting my butt in the gym...sweating like crazy! I eat well and this is just ....this weight is dragging it's feet so to speak!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I can understand why you guys think 5-6 days is not stuck and i dont mean it as stuck as in i been doing it for months and months and not lost a pound

And yes I know 5-6 days is not very long HOWEVER - 5-6 days for me I expect to be able to drop from 0 to 9 - I have ALOT of weight to lose so right now in this phase 5-6 days is a long time

You will only set yourself up for failure if you consistently expect that, especially as you get closer to a normal weight. Ideally, 1-2 lbs a week is best.
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have been trying for a few years to get under 165... I'm trying the tdee-20% this time around so we will see how this goes.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well I tend to have to wait 5 or 6 days to lose a pound whether its a 0 number or not. Also, it might help if you got a scale that is .1 or .2 type. I use this kind and it really helps with the mental aspect of losing weight. For instance, say a couple weeks ago when I was 175lbs, I was actually 175.6lbs. That .6lbs takes a 2100 calorie deficit to burn off. So its 5 days before I got to 174.9lbs, then it all starts over. Because I can see small amounts of weight lost with a scale that shows to the tenth of the pound, I never really feel stuck.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have struggled with this many times, but when I actually look back at my graphs the weight loss is pretty consistent. All mental, unless you are struggling with a plateau... but I don't need to discuss that road here.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    YES!! Happened to me the whole way down after I got out of the 200's. Now I am stuck at 145, have been stuck here for over a year. But I always hated getting stuck on those 0's every time....

ETA: Maybe its a mental thing, but I seem to remember being stuck at each 0 for close to a month before I would lose again.