HOW do I slim down my tree trunk legs?

Options

Replies

• Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    they are massive tree trunks alright.......... Oh please!

they are perfectly normal.
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    you have lovely legs, ive got big legs cos its my masculine side, your perfect tho
  • otrlynn
    otrlynn Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The only way to lose more weight from your legs would be to continue to lose weight. If your dietician said that you are at a low body fat percentage, this would not be a good idea at all. I agree with the poster above who said that the "problem": is mostly in your head. You are a beautiful young woman whose legs look perfectly normal! Genetics do play a big part in what we look like. If you look hard enough you can probably find a young woman out there who weighs the same as you do and has skinner legs--chances are that is just part of her genetic make up.

You are lovely. Embrace who you are and go live lift to the fullest! Celebrate the body that can run 5K.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I just changed my picture so that you can see my legs better! They are just not in proportion at all

Truthfully? Your legs look awesome

^ This
  • belligerent599
    Options
    What are your leg measurements? Mine are:
    thigh- 22"
    calf- 17"
    biceps- 13" (that's not a leg but shhh)

I'm 5'6" and weigh 153 at 24% bf.

Unless your leg measurements are near where mine are, you don't have trees, lol.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Honey I wish my legs looked that good! You do look light and dainty. It's really hard if you have spent time being heavy to actually see yourself. I lost like 60lbs when I was your age and I had no idea how great I looked I just couldn't see it I still saw 170lbs even though I was only 120. It will take time.
  • MelStren
    MelStren Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    It's most likely genetics. I bet they aren't as big as you think and that you are just being too hard one yourself ('cause you are 19 and that's what 19 year olds do). Embrace your big strong legs. Show them off. Be proud.

This. Your legs look wonderful be proud of them!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think your legs look awesome. Tree trucks are thick from top to bottom. Your legs are shaped like female legs. They definitely don't look fat in your photos.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You look fine. You look like a healthy, normal, beautiful young woman. Stop obsessing over your legs, they are fine. Go live your life! :flowerforyou:
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    With legs like that, I'd feel infinite.
    Me thinks I spy a fishing pole.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Lift weights.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Your legs look awesome.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    With legs like that, I'd feel infinite.
    Me thinks I spy a fishing pole.

That or body image issues that may require a talk with a counselor.
  • SASSYnCHICago
    SASSYnCHICago Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I like you always felt that I had big leg problems - when I gain weight my little brother would say that I had a "football" player built - LOL! funny as he though it was - it made me self-conscience, especially when I was young like you.. 20 years later, and now that I'm in my best overall shape in my life and over 40 years old - I take proud in my healthy, shapely and muscle/firm "tree trunk like" (not really but it was in my head too!!) football player lean mean body!!
    Long story, but the point is to take pride in those shapely legs and be comfortable with yourself as you have made strives to become healthy and fit!! I wish I could go back 20 years ago and be proud, instead of being worried that I had big tree trunk legs. We are human and all different - you need to focus on the best possible you and not look at others and wished that you/ your body was and could become like theirs. GOOD LUCK, and appreciate those car stopping shapely legs. Any cab would stop in a heart beat!
  • kbauman09
    kbauman09 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Try spinning! Great for your legs!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I too have big legs...I am 5'9" and have slimmed down quite nicely. My legs have always been big, but I have learned to love the muscular tone in them, big or not...They are strong and toned and muscular and I have learned to love them. Just accept the accomplishment you have made and be happy with what you have.
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I think you look wonderful, and even though i cannot see your thighs or legs I bet they are very nice. You could 1- embrace those sexy curvy legs and thighs or 2- do a lot of leg exercises. Get those leg muscles to firm up. But do not lose weight because you will begin to look too skinny and you want to be healthy.

Great answer!

I agree with this. You do what you can do and celebrate your success. I would have loved to have been your size when I was 19. You look healthy to me!
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also have "genetically unique" legs! I used to think I was the only one, until one summer I was standing next to my two sisters at a water park where we were all in our swimming suits... We all have our mom's legs! (Our thighs are "rounded" on the top, and we are a little knock-kneed. Not what I would call sexy.) Anyway, I used to stress about it for the longest time! Until I got strong. Once I started to develop those muscles, I really started to like my legs. After the birth of my 4th son, I did pilates (and weight watchers) and my legs got thinner than they had ever been. I loved it. I was at a healthy weight and felt strong. After the birth of my 5th son (yes, that's five boys - but don't worry, we're done now!), I started running. I'm not a marathon runner or anything, but I make sure I do a few 5K's each year to keep it up, and I also lift weights a few times a week. I know I'm not an athelete, and I also know I'm still pretty "fluffy," but I feel stronger than I ever have, and I love those muscles in my legs. Those weird, oddly shaped, mom's legs. I guess the short story is - making my legs stronger made me feel better about them. And if I ever start feeling badly, there's this awesome woman who runs through my neighborhood two or three times a week with a prosthetic running blade/leg. If that doesn't make me feel better about my legs, I don't know what could...
  • weesinglane
    Options
    I also have "genetically unique" legs! I used to think I was the only one, until one summer I was standing next to my two sisters at a water park where we were all in our swimming suits... We all have our mom's legs! (Our thighs are "rounded" on the top, and we are a little knock-kneed. Not what I would call sexy.) Anyway, I used to stress about it for the longest time! Until I got strong. Once I started to develop those muscles, I really started to like my legs. After the birth of my 4th son, I did pilates (and weight watchers) and my legs got thinner than they had ever been. I loved it. I was at a healthy weight and felt strong. After the birth of my 5th son (yes, that's five boys - but don't worry, we're done now!), I started running. I'm not a marathon runner or anything, but I make sure I do a few 5K's each year to keep it up, and I also lift weights a few times a week. I know I'm not an athelete, and I also know I'm still pretty "fluffy," but I feel stronger than I ever have, and I love those muscles in my legs. Those weird, oddly shaped, mom's legs. I guess the short story is - making my legs stronger made me feel better about them. And if I ever start feeling badly, there's this awesome woman who runs through my neighborhood two or three times a week with a prosthetic running blade/leg. If that doesn't make me feel better about my legs, I don't know what could...

I also always felt insecure about my legs. But like the poster above, I started to really like them when I started working out. A combination of yoga, cardio, weight-training, and losing weight overall has made them shapely instead of flabby. I've come to really like the slim-waist-strong-legs look! Just try new activities and see how differently they affect your leg muscles. :)