Am I being unrealistic?

Options
I used to be my goal weight about 3 years ago when I was 16-20. I'm using those images as inspiration of what to expect when I lose the weight again, but am I being unrealistic expecting to look like that again? I know it's only been three years, and I don't think my body has changed THAT much (structurally) since those pictures were taken but it's hard to know with all this fat distorting my actual body shape.

Replies

• AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Depends if your weight 3yrs ago was a healthy weight.
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    It was yes
  • susiepet
    susiepet Posts: 68
    Options
    I wouldn't think so as you're still very young - although as I don't know how tall you are I couldn't say if 117 is a feasible target long term - after all, when you were 16 you were probably still growing.

Depends why you put on weight I guess?

Just take your time and it will be easier to live a life both during and after your weight loss!

Good luck

S
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    what most do is they look at a height chart and aim for their goal weight by the range its puts you in. for example I am 38 years old and 5"4 inches tall according to that my range is 107-145 pounds. I have mine right now at 140 pounds for my goal. then I see how I feel when I reach it as to whether I want to lose more or stay there. that may help you to find what your range is. aim for the higher end first, work your way down.
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and back to my 16 weight, so yes, you can :)
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It's not unrealistic at all, it is perfectly possible so you can use it for healthy motivation. Browsing the forum if you look for the before & after type threads you can see so many people who have completed amazing transformations dropping more lbs than you plan to. You just have to remember that you can do it, but the method for success is in sticking with it.

That's what I think, unless by structurally different you meant you have grown a 3rd arm out of your back. I'll assume that's not the case :)
  • soundasleepx
    Options
    I'm referring to when I was 19-20 mainly, but I originally got down to that size when I was 16 and stayed there. It was a healthy weight for me, I was in the healthy range of bmi, not sure what my body fat percentage was cause I wasn't really bothered about things like that because I was happy with my weight.
    It's not unrealistic at all, it is perfectly possible so you can use it for healthy motivation. Browsing the forum if you look for the before & after type threads you can see so many people who have completed amazing transformations dropping more lbs than you plan to. You just have to remember that you can do it, but the method for success is in sticking with it.

That's what I think, unless by structurally different you meant you have grown a 3rd arm out of your back. I'll assume that's not the case :)

^^ Thank you<3. It's just hard to see since I feel and look quite a bit bigger than I was, it feels almost like a pipe dream that isn't going to happen.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I used to be my goal weight about 3 years ago when I was 16-20. I'm using those images as inspiration of what to expect when I lose the weight again, but am I being unrealistic expecting to look like that again? I know it's only been three years, and I don't think my body has changed THAT much (structurally) since those pictures were taken but it's hard to know with all this fat distorting my actual body shape.

How were you between 16 and 20 three years ago? Which were you, 16 or 20? Either way you are very young. You could certainly get back to that weight if you did it before.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I would think you're being realistic, as long as some considerations are taken into account. I was 120 in my late teens and then again in my late 20's, and that's what I'm aiming for. As long as I'm not going to be destroyed when my boobs don't return to their previous perky state (I'm over 30 now), I'm golden.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think it always does, but if you are anything like me I am still learning all of the time about nutrition and exercise. Getting that good knowledge helps you through your journey. It can be a journey of facts, not what feels like wishful thinking. One thing that I really think helps is to adopt the relationship with food where you love the food that loves you back. If you can start doing that you are on a great path already, because weight loss is a fact. You may do that already. It's a fact that it is absolutely possible, structural changes and all. :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    its no unealistic but giv e it time
    by time i mean months or year or years
  • CoachColin
    Options
    Thats not unrealistic at all! I look like I did in high school and that was 9 years ago. All it took was 3 months of perfect eating and working out.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I think you're being realistic.

It ould be less relaistic for me at 48 to get back to my age 20 weight after 2 kids, but when I was 30 I got back to my age 26 weight.